On This Page
Advanced Training Certificates
Fairfield University's School of Education and Human Development offers three Advanced Training Certificates (ATC) for those who wish to enhance their competencies and update their skills.
Please note the following:
- Applicants to each program must hold a master's degree in a related discipline
- The School-Based Marriage & Family Therapy program leads to eligibility for state certification
- Courses are offered throughout the year in the evenings
- Cost per credit hour (see tuition schedule)
Please note: Applicants to each program must hold a master's degree in a related discipline.
Those seeking formal admission to an advanced training certificate program must complete the following procedures.
- Apply online and complete the formal application.
- Submit a non-refundable application fee.
- Submit your official undergraduate and graduate transcripts showing degrees earned.
- For admission into the Advanced Training Certificate in School-based Marriage & Family Therapy, please provide documentation of your passing scores on the Praxis I, SAT, ACT, or GRE exam.
- Submit a professional resume.
**Please Note: Fingerprinting and background checks may be required for the following programs. Please contact the Dean's office at 203-254-4250 for updated information
- Advanced Training Certificate in School-based Marriage & Family Therapy
Send all admission documents to:
Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies Admission
1073 North Benson Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
Questions: (203) 254-4184
Qualified applicants who have not completed the formal admission process may apply for permission to enroll as non-matriculated students and earn up to 6 credits in a certification program or 9 credits in a non-certification program. Please note: In order to be awarded the program certificate and have the certificate designated on your transcript, you must be a fully matriculated student at the time of program completion.
For non-matriculated admission, use the following procedure:
- Complete the online admission application and pay the application fee. Apply at fairfield.edu/applynow.
- Provide official or unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts that show the degrees you have earned.
- After your non-matriculated status has been approved and processed, you may register on or after the date when non-matriculated students may begin registering.
- Courses with a fieldwork component must have a fingerprinting and background check conducted in the district where assigned.
- No recommendations are needed at this time. They will be needed if and when you apply for full matriculation.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
For federally mandated gainful employment disclosure information, please visit fairfield.edu/gainful.