On This Page
Reflecting our Catholic value that all people are created in the image and likeness of God, Campus Ministry strives to be a home for all students to integrate faith into the whole of their lives from an intellectual and spiritual perspective. Rooted in our Ignatian identity, we welcome students from all faith traditions and at all points on their spiritual journey. Recognizing the need for solidarity in today’s world, we seek to nurture a "faith that does justice."
Come visit us in our office, located on the lower level of the Egan Chapel of St. Ignatius Loyola!
Encountering Faith. Deepening Knowledge. Transforming Lives.
Our Guiding Principles and Values:
- Solidarity that animates our desire to do justice in the world.
- Encountering the Holy by inviting each person on a spiritual journey that includes prayer, reflection and worship.
- Hospitality - welcoming students to participate in community, valued for who they are.
- Transformational Growth - inviting students to explore vocation, resilience, leadership and engagement.
- Religious Diversity - cultivating relationships and opportunities for dialogue within and across religious difference.
- Ignatian Spirituality - exploring language and concepts through which students can make sense and meaning of their experiences.
- Stewardship and Sustainability - ensuring a more just use of our shared resources and care for our common home.
Local Service Programs
Fairfield University Campus Ministry offers a wide range of community service programs. The community service programs include after school programs, animal welfare, daycare, Fairfield Volunteer Corps, Mentoring and many more.
In an effort to attend to the spiritual needs of our non-Catholic students, Campus Ministry provides a host of services and collaborates with those beyond the Catholic and Jesuit tradition. Campus Ministry also provides transportation to and from local churches, synagogues, and mosques for students as needed.
Liturgy & Worship
Students have the opportunity to serve as Acolytes, Ushers, Eucharistic Ministers (EMs), Lectors, and Musicians at Sunday Masses, on Holy Days, and at all special Masses throughout the school year.
Retreats & Camino Communities
In the spirit and tradition of Ignatian Spirituality, Campus Ministry offers several experiences to meet a wide range of spiritual needs. If you are looking to refresh your faith life and grow in your relationship with others, yourself and God, we have something for you.
Service Immersion Experiences
Fairfield University’s Office of Campus Ministry strives to be a home for students of all faith traditions who are interested in exploring and enriching their spiritual lives. Rooted in the Catholic faith and steeped in the Ignatian tradition, Campus Ministry is committed to the development of the whole person and believes that a healthy spiritual life is an essential key element of the Fairfield University experience. The Service Immersion Program offers both domestic and international opportunities for students, faculty, and staff to explore what it means to live a faith that does justice and to deepen their relationships with God.
Meet the staff in Campus Ministry.