On This Page
This page contains information about Brand, Identity, Editorial, Social Media, and Digital Media policies and practices of Fairfield University.
These policies reflect the University’s values, and we expect each employee and student to read the Brand Handbook carefully as it is a valuable reference for understanding your role at Fairfield University.
Fairfield University Marketing and Communication manages and maintains all official University websites and digital content sharing accounts.
By definition, social media marketing is the action of creating content to promote an entity publicly on various online platforms. When executed well at the University level, a sound social media strategy can help foster brand awareness, promote campus news and generate positive buzz, as well as build relationships for the sake of staying interconnected with our community.
PowerPoint and other presentation applications, like Canva and Prezi, are powerful tools for creating compelling and interactive messaging through the use of language, graphics, and multimedia. However, it is important to remember that overuse of the graphic applications could blur or crowd your message.
- Requests for photography, filming and interviews are handled by the Office of Media Relations or the Public Relations Department. Individuals or organizations wishing to interview Fairfield University faculty, administrators or students must first contact the Office of Media Relations or Public Relations at (203) 254-4000, ext. 2726.
- Individuals or organizations wishing to photograph or film video on the Fairfield University campus must first contact the Office of Media Relations at (203) 254-4000, ext. 2726.
- Requests for use of the University seal or logos are coordinated through the Office of Design and Digital Print Services. The contact number is (203) 254-4000, ext. 2432.
- Individuals or organizations wishing to reprint an article or picture from an official Fairfield University publication must first contact the Office of Media Relations at (203) 254-4000, ext. 2726.
- Requests for reprint of content or photography on the University's website are coordinated by the webmaster at email@example.com.
- Any individual or organization with media inquiries regarding Fairfield University Athletics should contact the Office of Sports Information at (203) 254-4000 ext. 4116 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fairfield University respects the privacy of all website visitors to the extent permitted by law. This online privacy statement is intended to inform you how this website collects information and how that information may be used.
We use "cookies" on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor's hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings.