Transfer Students

Transfer Student Orientation

Transfer Checklist  | Parent/Guardian Checklist | Transfer Guide | Move-In Info | Orientation 

Welcome to your new home! Spring 2019 New Students - watch for more information to arrive in the mail and your email shortly after you enroll. You will be contacted by the Dean’s Office of your college with information regarding your academic program. Please contact the Office of Student Engagement if you have any questions in the meantime at (203) 254- 4000 ext. 4053 or by emailing

Check back regularly, as this site will keep you updated about everything you need to know regarding your transition to Fairfield University and becoming a Stag! When you arrive on campus you will move into your residence hall and meet with your assigned New Student Leader (NSL). They are excited for your arrival and can't wait to introduce themselves!

Online New Student Checklist

Below is a list of items to be completed from the online Transfer Student Checklist. Remember to use your University NetID credentials to access the checklist.

Parent / Guardian Checklist

Parents/Guardians can assist students with the following checklist items:

  • Parent/Guardian Information Form: The information shared facilitates parent/guardian involvement. For example, Student Affairs produces a monthly electronic newsletter especially for parents and guardians. The Campus Currents - Parents e-newsletter keeps parents/guardians apprised of general campus news and events. Parents/Guardians will automatically begin receiving the newsletter provided they submit their e-mail information.
  • Request for Reasonable Accommodation Based on Accessibility (optional): Fairfield University is committed to providing qualified students with disabilities an equal opportunity to access the benefits, rights, and privileges of its services, programs, and activities in an accessible setting. Furthermore, in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and Connecticut state laws, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified students to reduce the impact of disabilities on academic functioning or upon other major life activities.
  • Immunization Requirement/Medical Report Form (ASAP): Students must complete the Immunization Requirement Form and have it filed with the Health Center prior to the start of classes. Immunizations, which are mandated by Connecticut state law, are highlighted on the Immunization Form for full-time undergraduates. Students may not move into a residence hall or begin classes until all immunization requirements are met. This form is required prior to students' arrival on campus.


Transfer Student Guide

The Transfer Student Guide is created to assist you during your first semesters at Fairfield. This book will serve as your 'go to' resource for everything Fairfield. It is packed with information regarding buildings on campus, academic planning, action items, office locations, and contact information. When you receive it, read the booklet thoroughly as it will help greatly with your transition and any questions you may have.


New Student Move-In Information

New student move-in is scheduled for Sunday, January 20, 2019. Room keys will be available in the Office of Residence Life located in the lower level of the Barone Campus Center. (Visit the last page of your Guide for suggestions about what to bring to campus.)


New Student Orientation Schedule

Orientation is essential for all new students. Orientation occurs on January 21, 2019 and allows new students to connect with each other and the Fairfield community before classes begin. Highlights of Orientation include interacting with Resident Assistants, New Student Leaders, and attending a day-long exciting team-building excursion.


Frequently Asked Questions & Next Steps

Where can I learn more about student orientation, student services and residence life?

Transfer Student Orientation will take place September 2 & 3 in conjunction with campus move-in. The Office of Student Engagement will be in touch in the coming months with additional information. If you have any further questions regarding orientation, please email


Will there be additional ongoing support for me as I transition to Fairfield University?

Absolutely! There are a multitude of on campus resources available to all of our matriculated students. Additionally as a new student you will also be registered for a “New Student Experience” course which meets 6 times throughout your first semester and has both a professional staff member and current student serving as mentors. The goal of the First Year Experience program is to CONNECT students with each other, faculty, staff, and the University; to INSPIRE excellence during this transitionary period; and for students to THRIVE holistically as the acclimate to being a part of the Fairfield University Community.


I initially indicated that I would not need housing, but I actually would like to live on campus. Who should I contact?

If you have yet to confirm your enrollment at Fairfield University, you can contact the Office of Undergraduate admission at to request this change. If you have already confirmed that you will be attending in the Fall, you should contact the Office of Residence Life directly as soon as possible to let them know of this change of status. Housing is assigned on a first-come, first-served basis so the sooner you communicate this change with them, the more likely they will be able to accommodate your request. The best way to reach them is through email at


Does Fairfield University require any proof of immunizations?

Yes, the Fairfield University Heath Center requires that students submit a confidential health history to document proof of immunizations which are required by Connecticut state law. Additional information can be found at


I have paid my enrollment deposit and now I would like to register for classes. How do I go about doing this?

The first step prior to registering for classes is to contact your academic dean’s office to set up an initial meeting. If your semester has concluded, please be sure that you have had a final transcript sent to your dean’s office in advance of your conversation. At this meeting you will discuss any questions regarding your credit evaluation, and what classes you might want to consider taking during the upcoming semester. They will support you through the registration process. You can contact them at the telephone number listed in your letter of admission.


How many courses will I have to complete in order to graduate from Fairfield University?

In order to earn a bachelor’s degree, Fairfield University requires that you complete a minimum of 120 credits; sixty of those credits must be earned at Fairfield. You will discuss this further at your initial meeting with a representative of your academic dean’s office.


I see that certain courses have been accepted as “non-core” classes on my transfer credit evaluation but there is a note that you also need a syllabus. Why is that?

We sometimes ask for a syllabus even if a course has been accepted as an elective because we would like to evaluate the class for credit in your specific major or to evaluate if we may be able to transfer it to satisfy a core requirement. We encourage you to submit these syllabi via email to as soon as possible, ideally in advance of your meeting with your academic dean. Once syllabi are received, they can be reviewed by the appropriate department chair if necessary. If the syllabi are not submitted in advance of your advising meeting, please bring them with you to that conversation so that they can be taken into account when registering for the upcoming term.


I have courses under review on my preliminary credit evaluation. When will I know if those courses have been accepted for credit at Fairfield?

Once you enroll at Fairfield University, you will schedule a meeting with a representative of your academic dean’s office to receive academic advising and to register for classes. In advance of this meeting, please send the requested syllabi for the particular classes to This will allow our advisors and department chairs an opportunity to potentially review the additional information prior to your scheduled meeting. During your advising meeting, you will speak with an academic dean about these courses and discuss whether we will be able to accept them for credit at Fairfield University.


I received a 4 or a 5 on an AP Test while in high school, but I don’t see that reflected on my Preliminary Transcript Evaluation. What should I do about that?

If you have not yet done so, you should contact College Board directly and have them send an official score report to Fairfield University. You can then discuss your scores, and what classes they may count as, during your initial meeting with an academic dean.


When should I expect to hear from the Office of Financial Aid if I applied for need-based aid?

If you have already completed both the FAFSA and the CSS Profile, you should hear from the Office of Financial Aid within approximately two weeks of receiving your admission decision. If you have specific questions, you can always contact them directly at (203) 254-4125.


Who should I contact if I still have questions, but I’m not sure which department would be most applicable?

You should always feel comfortable contacting the Office of Student Engagement at (203) 254-4053 or at We’re happy to answer your questions, or point you in the right direction.

Search Results