On This Page
Fairfield Dolan views practical experience as an important part of your academic program. An internship will give you the opportunity to apply classroom theories to real-world situations and use on-the-job experiences to enrich your academic program while giving you a competitive edge in the job market.
All Dolan students are encouraged to secure at least one internship during their time at Fairfield University. Additional benefits of pursuing an internship include:
- Exploring possible career choices
- Networking with professionals who can help with career planning and future employment
- Increasing your qualifications and strengthening your resume
- Learning more about a potential company's culture to see if your values are compatible and to determine if you would like to work there in the future.
- Receiving a full-time job offer - many companies use the internship program to evaluate your potential for positions after graduation
The Dolan Distinction
Fairfield Dolan students pursue internships across a variety of industries based on their academic interests:
Atlas Holdings, LLC
Survey Sampling International
Congress Wealth Management, LLC.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Alex & Ani
Doctors without Borders
Federal Reserve Bank
Walt Disney Company
The Estee Lauder Companies Inc.
Want to learn more? Contact the Director of the Dolan Career Development Center, Sarah Bollinger, or call (203) 254-4000, ext. 3040.