Parents FAQs

On This Page

Frequently Asked Questions - Parents

The University does not release grades to parents. Students have access to their semester grades via the Fairfield University my.Fairfield system.

Students may download and print their enrollment verification letter from the Myhub portal. Myhub is a free, secure, and portable online application provided by the National Student Clearinghouse. It provides students with access to their verified education records from all colleges and universities participating in Myhub and more.

If a student has a specific form that needs to be filled out (i.e. for insurance), it can be dropped off or faxed to the Office of the Registrar.

Fairfield University's policy on confidentiality is designed to comply with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA). This federal law prohibits disclosure of student records information to a third party without written consent from the student.

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, also known as the Buckley Amendment, helps protect the privacy of student records. The Act provides the right for students to inspect and review educational records, to seek to amend those records and to limit disclosure of information from the records. For more information about FERPA, visit the Family Policy Compliance Office of the US Department of Education.

No. Each student is responsible for their own registration.

Your student should speak to their dean about withdrawing from the University.

There are many different reasons why a student could not register for a specific course. These include:

  • Not all courses are offered every semester.
  • The class may have been full at the time the registration request was made.
  • The department offering the class may have placed a restriction on the class, in order to control the enrollment for the class. Students who are having difficulties selecting classes should seek assistance from their academic advisor.

If a course is required for the student's major and they are not able to register for it, the student should first contact their advisor for assistance, and then follow-up with the department that offers the course.

Your student will have to make a written and signed request to update their mailing address. They can come into the Office of the Registrar and fill out the contact information update form, or fax a signed letter with their name, ID or SSN, current address, and new address.

We do not accept address updates from parents.

If you have other questions related to registration, transcripts, or grades that are not addressed on this page, you may contact the Office of the Registrar at:

Telephone: (203) 254-4288
Fax: (203) 254-4109
Kelley Center

Search Results