On This Page
Relocation Expense Policy
Fairfield University's relocation policy is designed to assist you with your transition to your new work location. Employee reimbursement or payment for normal relocation expenses covers a maximum of $3,500. Relocation expenses paid by the employer are considered taxable income and will be reflected on your W-2 statement at end of the calendar year.
To be eligible for relocation assistance, all of the following criteria must be fulfilled:
- You must be a newly hired full-time faculty or an exempt employee;
- Your current address is 50 miles or more from Fairfield University;
- Relocation must take place within 6 months of Date of Hire (unless other arrangements are previously requested and approved by the Office of Human Resources);
- The Fairfield University Relocation Request/Authorization form is completed and approved by Human Resources.
- All receipts showing proof of payment must be submitted to Human Resources.
Note: If an employee terminates before the completion of one year of service, after having received a University paid relocation allowance, the University may require a repayment of up to the full amount of the paid relocation.