Graduate Student Off-Campus Housing Hub

Graduate Student Off-Campus Housing Hub

Fairfield University is working hard to support graduate students in their search for housing in the Fairfield area.

We understand the task of finding rentals is a challenging one. On this page you will be able to find information about searching for rentals, transportation and carpooling information, and FAQs for those who have concerns about the process. This website will continue to develop as graduate housing needs emerge.

We are maintaining an active list of available housing nearby. These listings go quickly, so it is important to be proactive.

The Tenant Resume is a great way to help future landlords see all of your information easily. You may also have to fill out a housing application with them.


Housing Search

We have recently partnered with an outside website,, to list off-campus housing (Click JUMP when the page loads). The listings will change regularly. 

If you choose to work with a realtor, we have put together a set of real estate rentals to help you sort through many of the possibilities. Let a realtor know if you’re interested in a property.

Another search option is through Trulia where you can find options customized to the Fairfield University area.

ApartmentList is a free resource that offers customizable search options to find the best apartment matching your needs.


Roommate Search

Many grads have expressed interest in finding housing with a fellow graduate student. JumpOffCampus, our partner site, has recently added the option to create a roommate listing. You simply need to register with the site to begin listing. It is new, so there aren't a lot of listings at this point.



Are you looking to rent to graduate students? Please visit to post your listings. The first 50 listings through Fairfield University will be free. You may have to verify use of this page by clicking here.

Apartment/Condo complexes are another popular option for off-campus housing. All of these complexes have expressed interest in working with Fairfield University grad students:


Temporary/Long-term Housing

The Inn at Fairfield Beach

The Inn at Faifield Beach is a great option for students who are coming in to the Fairfield area for the first time. They offer short-term and monthly rates, especially in the winter. They offer queen sized beds in suites near the beach and close to campus. The Inn can be reached by phone here: 1-203-255-6808.

Trademark Fairfield

The Trademark Fairfield apartments are a great option for students looking for a place to live nearby. Approximately 1.5 miles from campus, the complex is close to the train station and a 10 minute walk to the Stag Bus route. 


Long-term Housing

Fairfield Apartments
1062 Fairfield Avenue
Bridgeport, CT
(203) 333-4289


111 Stratford
1867 Main Street
Stratford, CT
(855) 602-1196


Avalon Milford
1 Avalon Drive
Milford, CT 06460
(866) 372-8557

Sherwood Apartments
490 Sherwood Place
Stratford, CT
(203) 375-0653


Avalon Eaves
100 Avalon Gates
Trumbull, CT 06611
(203) 372-1600


Vine Street Apartments



A number of realtors have offered to help graduate students looking for housing. Using a realtor is almost always free for the tenants. Landlords typically pay the Realtors. Please, contact them and let them know you are a Fairfield University graduate student looking for housing:


My name is Briana Proudfoot and I am a recent college graduate working for Keller Williams Realty and have lived in Fairfield County my entire life. Having lived both on and off campus, I know what it is like to have a budget which is why my services are ZERO cost to you, and I am confident I will find you an ideal off campus house to come home to.  My family has been in real estate for over 8 years and I am excited to help you find the perfect place to call home during your time at Fairfield University!  Please feel free to call me at 203-444-3246 or email me at


Andrea Morelli
(203) 556-9317


Susan Krushinsky
(203) 377-4366


Tony Derbyshire
(203) 904-3273   


If you are a realtor who is interested in working with graduate students, please contact us at: 203-254-4000 ext. 2340, or



What if I am an international student?

Are you currently living abroad or outside of Connecticut? We have partnered with a company called Squeakly that can help tour and provide feedback on a possible rental. Find out more infromation here:


Where should I live?

There are many options available to graduate students looking to live in the greater Fairfield area. It all depends on your needs, budget, and personal interests. It is strongly recommended that you check out the neighborhood where you hope to live and drive around to make sure you feel safe and comfortable during the times when you will be out and about in your potential community. The Learning Center and Trulia are a great resource for helping you through the housing search process.

We have made the greatest effort to represent all reasonable rental options in the immediate area. Some resources that can help you determine your best options include: walkscore and


What do I do if a landlord is asking for my credit history and rental references, but I have little or no credit/rental history?

Many landlords renting to new renters ask for some type of income guarantee, this may be in the form of a co-signed lease from your parents or bank statement showing that you can afford paying rent on a monthly basis. Please, contact the Admissions Office or Financial Aid if any documentation is required from the school.

I’m a student receiving financial aid. How do I pay my rent using loans?

The Fairfield University Office of Financial Aid in the Kelley Center (203-254-4125) on campus is available to answer questions you might have about loan disbursements and how you get access to your loan money. Many student loan disbursements don’t happen until after classes start, so it is important to plan and save funds leading up to searching for a rental. The Financial Aid Office can provide a letter of support to let landlords know about your financial status. They will not be able to guarantee anything, but can provide a letter noting your status.


How much should I expect to pay for rent in the Fairfield area?

Fairfield County is a generally expensive place to live. A typical one-bedroom apartment starts at around $900 a month. describes how much you should plan to spend based on your income. If you are receiving student loans, make sure you account for food, transportation, and other living expenses in your financial planning.  It is possible to make living conditions more affordable by finding a roommate. Please, email to inquire about connecting a roommate.

How do I get to campus from my rental?

The Fairfield University campus is most accessible by car. If you do not plan to have a car for commuting, you may choose to live closer to campus or along the StagBus line in order to make sure you are able to get to and from campus. A schedule for the StagBus is available online. The Metro-North train line stops in the town of Fairfield and is about one mile from campus. The StagBus stops at the Fairfield train station regularly during the day along its regular route.

How do I protect my belongings? Should I have renter's insurance?

Yes, as a renter, you are only covered by a limited number of situations under your landlord's homeowner's insurance. You should have your own insurance to cover your belongings. More information can be found through Consumer Affairs.


Contact Us

If you have any questions or continued concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Graduate Student Life:

Phone: 203-254-4000 ext. 3488 
Office: BCC 096 (Lower Level of Barone Campus Center)

Search Results