Fairfield University Welcomes its Largest Class Ever, 2018
More than 350 staff and student volunteers, including athletes, RAs, and student government leaders greeted and helped move in more than 1,000 first-year students, 50 transfer students and 150 international students on Sunday, August 31.
“I was completely impressed with how smooth Move-In Day went. All of us came together - facilities, catering, athletics, student leaders, FUSA, Public Safety, staff, administrators, and faculty - to ensure a welcoming and smooth process. It’s one of the things that makes Fairfield special,” commented Kamala Kiem, assistant dean of students & director, Student Programs & Leadership Development.
Since move-in, the members of the Class of 2018 have been attending important sessions to prepare them academically and socially for the year to come. Some highlights include:
- Residence Hall Community Meetings
- Late-night entertainment, including comedian Joe DeVito and Fairfield University Your Mom Does Improv, and The Neighbors movie showing
- “Once a Stag, Always a Stag,” a welcoming session which encourages school pride and sprit
- Step Up Stags 2, a presentation that continued a dialogue started at Orientation about bystander intervention and student accountability
- A Fun Run Routes around campus led by New Student Leaders
- A Scavenger Hunt, in partnership with our downtown bookstore
- Convocation 2014 will be held Tuesday, September 9, on the Bellarmine Lawn. Dr. Yohuru Williams, associate academic vice president, is the keynote speaker. The Class of 2018 will receive a class gift.
See the Move-In Day video
See a Move-In Day slide show