Welcome to the Class of 2018!
Student Programs & Leadership Development is welcoming new students this week and next for Fairfield's Class of 2018 Orientation. Close to 1,000 parents/guardians and 1,000 students will be visiting campus for one of two sessions: June18-19 or June 23-24.
Kamala Kiem, director of Student Program & Leadership Development, explains the goal is, “To Connect our incoming students with each other, upper class students, faculty and staff, and Inspire them for excellence so that they can Thrive at Fairfield University.”
This model is geared to ensure new students have an excellent experience at Orientation that will leave them both excited and prepared to begin their first year at Fairfield University. “Surveys show that 99% of students who come to our June Orientation arrive in the fall, and 93% (based on 33% response rate) share that because of Orientation, I feel more confident in my decision to attend Fairfield University,” reports Kiem.
During Orientation students will:
- Experience a community-building experience in groups of 10-15 led by a New Student Leader who serves as a mentor, advisor, acquaintance, facilitator, and resource
- Create an academic plan for their first year and register for courses
- Develop a community with the other first-year students who will be in their First Year Experience seminar group
- Gain a head start on a successful, enjoyable college experience, making the transition in September easier
- Meet faculty and staff members and learn more about the expectations of the faculty-student relationship
- Stay overnight in the residence halls
- Have fun, especially at late-night events like Fairfield Quest and Travelin Max!
To learn more about Orientation visit www.fairfield.edu/orientation.