On This Page
How To Order A Transcript
Transcripts are housed in the University Registrar’s Office for all schools since their inception. This includes the former Graduate School of Corporate and Political Communication, which closed in 1990, the former University College, which closed in 2012, and the former Bridgeport Engineering Institute, which was acquired by Fairfield University in 1994 to become our School of Engineering.
Transcript requests may take up to one week to process and will only be fulfilled if there are no holds on a student's account.
There are two options to request a transcript.
Option 1: Order Transcript Online
Fairfield University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide ordering through the internet. The National Student Clearinghouse provides online ordering services for our students, former students, and alumni 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This option allows you to pay by any major credit card. There is a charge of $10 per transcript. In addition, a service charge of $2.75 will be charged for each address your transcripts are sent to. If you have multiple transcripts sent to one address, you will only incur one service charge.
- Go to the National Student Clearinghouse website.
- The website walks you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. There is no limit to the number of transcripts you can order in one session.
- Your signed consent will be required to fulfill your transcript order. For your convenience, you may sign the consent form electronically online, or print and fax the consent form.
- You will receive e-mail confirmation of receipt, processing, and mailing of your transcript. Your credit card will be charged after the transcript order is complete.
- Check the status of your transcript order.
Option 2: Use the Transcript Request Form
Please note: Using this option does not provide any confirmation or tracking services. Transcripts are $10 each. There is no additional service fee for this option.
- Complete the transcript request form in person at the University Registrar's Office located in the Kelley Center. Stagbucks, checks, or money orders are the only form of payment accepted. Cash and credit cards are not accepted.
- Download the transcript request form (PDF) and mail it, along with a check or money order for the total cost of your transcripts. Checks should be payable to Fairfield University. If you're requesting transcripts sent to multiple locations, please note the additional addresses on the back of the form.
University Registrar's Office
1073 North Benson Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
Fairfield University cannot produce official electronic transcripts at this time. For an unofficial scanned copy, please enter your email address under Special Instructions. Scanned transcripts may only be sent to a student's .edu email address and must be ordered and paid for in addition to any official transcripts you have requested.
If you need your transcripts sent overnight, there is an additional fee of $16.00 per transcript recipient. Please note that overnight requests require a physical address, and cannot be sent to a PO Box.
Current students can access their unofficial transcripts for personal use only by logging into my.Fairfield. Unofficial transcripts needed for all other uses must be requested using Option 1 or Option 2 as outlined above.
Contact the University Registrar's Office by email at email@example.com.