The thoughts and prayers of the Fairfield University community are with the people of Puerto Rico whose lives have been impacted by the devastation that Hurricane Maria left. Having had the good fortune to visit Puerto Rico many times in the past 12 years, I am very familiar with the resilience and unfailing good nature of the people of the island. I have no doubt that Puerto Rico will eventually be back better than ever.
I know that the devastation to the island is extreme, and the priority at this time is your family’s safety, security, and health. That said, I imagine that you are also thinking about your future, and the impact the disruption may have on your college admission process. In light of those concerns, here are some of the provisions Fairfield University is making for students from Puerto Rico.
- Our Early Action and Early Decision I deadlines are extended until at least December 1. If needed, we will be ready to extend the deadlines beyond that date. Please keep in mind that there is no advantage to applying as an Early candidate except that you are notified early, so please do not feel compelled to apply under the early deadlines. However, if you would like to do so the extension is in place.
- We will continue to waive application fees for students from Puerto Rico. The code to be used in the “School Specific Fee Waiver” is STAGS18.
- As you probably know, Fairfield University is a Test Optional institution. If you are planning on taking a rescheduled SAT in either November or December and would like us to hold your decision for Early Action until we receive those scores, please notify me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will hold the review of your early application.
- As you submit your financial aid applications, please know that we stand ready to work with your family on an individual basis to accurately assess your current financial situation. The College Board is currently waiving the normal processing fee for the CSS Profile for students from Puerto Rico. Further information can be found on the College Board’s website.
- If you are not able to submit materials electronically, you can submit paper documents. Documents should be mailed to: Office of Undergraduate Admission, Fairfield University – Kelley Center, 1073 North Benson Road, Fairfield, CT 06824
I do hope to have the opportunity to return to Puerto Rico in the very near future to meet with students who are interested in Fairfield. However, in the interim, I remain available to answer any questions and address any concerns that you have. Please feel free to call me directly at (203)254-4000, ext. 2167, or to email me at email@example.com.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and the people of Puerto Rico. I hope to meet you in the very near future.
With Warm Regards,
Vice President for Enrollment Management