Fairfield University has ten residence halls: six traditional-style and four suite-style. All residence hall rooms include:
The traditional-style halls include the following:
Faber Hall, formerly known as 42 Bellarmine Road, originally served as the primary residence for the Fairfield University Jesuit community. After a new Jesuit residence was built in 2009, the previous residence was extensively renovated. Located on the south side of campus, Faber Hall is named in honor of St. Peter Faber, S.J. (1506-1546), who was among the companions of St. Ignatius who came together to form the Society of Jesus. Pope Francis canonized Peter Faber on December 17, 2013.
Located in the Quad, 70 McCormick Road opened in the fall of 2011. The building is four stories tall and hosts an impressive common lounge on the first floor as well as study and social lounge on each floor. 70 McCormick Road is home to the Service for Justice Residential College and houses sophomore students.
Located on the Quad, Campion was built in 1964 and renovated in the summer of 2018, stands four stories tall. The building was named in honor of Saint Edmund Campion, S.J., who was martyred for preaching the Catholic faith in Reformation England. Campion Hall is also home of the Honors Living and Learning Community.
Gonzaga Hall opened in 1957. This four floor residence hall is located on the Quad, and is named for Saint Aloysius Gonzaga, S.J., who died while tending to the sick during the Roman plague of 1591, and is the patron saint of youth. Gonzaga Hall houses the Women in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (WiSTEM) Living and Learning Community. Students must apply to live in this Living and Learning Community and agree to abide by the standards of that specific community.
Jogues Hall, opened in 1968, is named for Saint Isaac Jogues, S.J., who worked among Native Americans in Canada and was martyred near what is now Albany, NY. This building is five stories and is located on the Quad. Jogues Hall is home to the Health Living and Leadership Through Service Living and Learning Communities. The building also features classrooms and studio space for the Music Department, which are housed on the ground floor of the building as well.
Named for Saint Ignatius Loyola, founder of the Society of Jesus and author of "Spiritual Exercises," Loyola Hall is located on the Quad. It was built in 1955 and stands three stories high. The Creative Life Residential College for sophomores is housed here. Also, the building houses the Department of Public Safety, art galleries, and classrooms for the Fine Arts Department on the ground floor.
Located right on the Quad, Regis Hall was built in 1965 and stands five stories tall. The building was named for Saint John Francis Regis, S.J., preacher and missionary to southern France. Regis houses the Man 2 Man and Sisters Inspiring Sisters Living and Learning Communities.