International Student Life

On This Page

Your Home Away From Home

International Student Life in the Office of Student Engagement is aimed at supporting and building community among our currently-enrolled, on-campus international and domestic students. We are happy to welcome all of our international students and hope to provide them with support outside of the classroom. We put on events to help foster student experiences as they attend Fairfield University and provide immigration support to our visa-holding students.

In this vibrant community with over 100 clubs and organizations, there are countless activities to choose from. Whether it is participating in an intramural sport, Broadway trip, Fairfield@Night event, attending athletic games or quintessential events like Red Sea Madness, Alumni & Family Weekend, or Presidential Ball, there is always something to do.

A Celebration of Culture

The Office of Student Engagement (OSE) works with student organizations, faculty, and other University offices to further integrate diversity into developmental and social programs for students. As a result, the office establishes meaningful relationships with students in order to effectively address their needs, interests, and concerns. We encourage you to discover and join the hundreds of student clubs, events, and programs that Fairfield University has to offer!

Events & Traditions


Diwali, or the Festival of Lights, is a celebration that includes food, dancing, and music in celebration of life. At the event, the community participates in a lighting and prayer ceremony, traditional food, and group and solo dance and singing routines.


Celebrate the arrival of spring with Holi! Similar to a Color Run, wear white and leave in color.

Flavors of Asia

An annual event, the night includes diverse performances, a fashion show, food, henna, as well as dancing and lots of fun!

Lunar New Year

Lunar New Year is the one of the most festive holidays of the year. The University celebrates this event with games, photo booths, Chinese calligraphy and performances to bring Asian culture closer to Fairfield students.

We're Here for You, Every Step of the Way

Student life at Fairfield University supports the Jesuit tradition of caring for the whole person by providing opportunities that engage students in meaningful activities designed for their living and learning experience. Along with meeting lifelong friends, Fairfield provides a rich opportunity to grow as a whole person with the help of mentors, professors and community members.

Student Services

Fairfield's campus provides serene beauty, while its modern buildings provide state-of-the-art technology and the resources you'll need to complement your classroom experience.

Student Engagement

The Office of Student Engagement seeks to underscore the development of the whole person, and particularly assist students in their transition and exploration at Fairfield. Student Engagement empowers students to work together to build community, lead ethically, and value differences.

Professional Development

We are committed to helping undergraduate students throughout their professional development process. Comprehensive services are available through the Career Center that include career counseling, career readiness programs, leadership and professional development offerings, and on and off-campus recruiting opportunities.

Health & Wellness

Fairfield University Health & Wellness involves three key areas for students: Fitness & Recreation, Counseling & Psychological Services and the Health Center.

Getting Involved

At Fairfield, we have over 100 student-led clubs and organizations—ranging from honor societies to academic-focused clubs to political and cultural clubs—where students gain first-hand experience in leadership, organizational development and management, decision-making, diversity, and event planning.

Technology Resources

The ITS department at Fairfield University understands the vital role technology plays in the teaching and learning experience. Our mission is to provide our integrative thinkers with competitive, reliable, innovative, and sustainable technology to support teaching, learning, research, collaboration, and service.

Not a Current Student?

Are you excited to become a student at Fairfield? What are you waiting for?! Apply today!

If you've already been admitted, congratulations! We can't wait for you to come join us on campus at your home away from home.

If you have any questions or want to get in touch, the Office of Student Engagement - International Student Life is located in Barone Campus Center: Room 96. We are open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EST. You can reach us via e-mail at or by calling +1-203-254-4053.

Search Results