On This Page
Counseling & Psychological Services (C&PS) delivers quality mental health services to full-time undergraduate students that are confidential and no additional cost to students. We provide individual and group psychotherapy by professional psychotherapists to help students navigate adjustment issues, relationship problems, family issues, emotional distress, and other challenges. We offer graduate students a single session for triage and referrals to the surrounding community.
We are committed to creating an environment that recognizes the inherent value and dignity of each person. In these times of increased racial and cultural tension, C&PS seeks to continue to provide a safe space to support all students and to assist in fostering a climate where all are heard and feel welcome.
Counseling & Psychological Services utilizes a collaborative, solution-oriented approach to counseling and mental health treatment. We focus on the changes students wish to make in their lives while understanding their presenting concerns in the context of current stressors and relationships, history, and the intersection of their identities with the sociopolitical climate.
The general mission of the Counseling & Psychological Services is to facilitate each student’s fulfillment of their fullest potential – intellectually, emotionally, spiritually, physically, and socially, as envisioned by the Mission Statement of Fairfield University. Mindful of the Jesuit tradition which emphasizes respect for the individual both as a unique person and as a member of the University community, Counseling & Psychological Services commits to the following goals:
- The provision of services of superior quality to individual students who may be experiencing psychological, emotional, or behavioral difficulties
- The provision of programming addressing the developmental needs of students to benefit from the academic and social environment of the University community
- The provision of consultation to faculty members, administrators, and/or other university staff persons concerning the psychological health needs of students
- The provision of consultative services to the University community at large to maximize the potential of the University environment as beneficial to the intellectual, spiritual, physical, and social development of the student while respecting and supporting cultural pluralism
- The maintenance of appropriate knowledge of legal, ethical, developmental, and clinical issues and standards as applied to a university mental health setting
- The maintenance of professional standards of practice consistent with those set forth by the American Psychological Association and the International Associations of Counseling Services, Inc. and the ethical codes of individual clinician’s discipline
Diversity & Inclusion
Fairfield University is committed to supporting and sustaining an educational community that is inclusive, diverse, and equitable, and we embrace these values as being critical to an individual's development, learning, and success. Counseling & Psychological Services' policies, procedures, activities, relationships, and interactions with each other and individuals and groups in the campus community are consistent with these values. We are committed to celebrating the diversity that gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religious orientation, social class, appearance, abilities, and other differences bring. Furthermore, we are committed to confronting prejudice, discrimination, and oppression.
Counseling & Psychological Services is located in the Wellness Center at the Jogues Hall drop-off circle. We can be reached at 203-254-4000 x2146 during regular business hours or by emailing email@example.com.
Additional information about our services, online resources for students (including Kognito & Togetherall), appointment scheduling, and resources for staff and faculty, can all be found on our department’s Wiki.