On STAGiving Day, students are encouraged to don Stag swag, share stories about their favorite Fairfield experiences, and consider making a gift -- of any size -- in honor of their most memorable moments at Stag Country.
STAGiving Day is a special day when the Fairfield community comes together to celebrate and support being a Stag. On Tuesday, March 20, students are encouraged to think about their favorite classes, professors, strong friendships, and the supportive community that is Fairfield, and share stories on social media about their most memorable experiences at Stag country and consider making a gift, of any size, in honor of their most memorable Fairfield moments.
Students’ shared stories and gifts will:
- Support dynamic academic programs and talented faculty.
- Enhance student access to outstanding educational and extracurricular activities.
- Provide financial assistance and opportunities for students.
Stags can also participate by donning their Fairfield gear and attending special STAGiving celebrations throughout the day, including a special STAGiving Day Surf & Turf Dinner at the Tully Dining Commons beginning at 4:30 p.m. The dinner is only $14 for students not on the meal plan. Menu items will include cold water lobster tail, beef tenderloin with béarnaise or Diane sauce, grilled asparagus with roasted garlic butter, mashed Yukon gold potatoes with Vermont cheddar and garden chives, gourmet cheesecake, red velvet cupcakes, a chocolate fountain with donut holes, strawberries, golden pineapple for dipping, and more.
On STAGiving Day, students also have two chances to show their school spirit on social media for a chance to win some cool prizes:
- Pics with Lucas, 11:00 a.m. —1:30 p.m.
- Snapchat all over Stag Country, all day
Pics with Lucas
Stags up! Right near the Tully Dining Commons, students can get a solo or group picture taken with Lucas, and if they post the photo to a public Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook account with #STAGiving, they’ll have a chance to win one of the two great prize packs.
Snapchat on Campus
During STAGiving Day, be on the look for tags around campus that demonstrate the generosity of alumni, parents, and friends in making Fairfield the modern, Jesuit Catholic University that it is. Each tag has a special Snapchat snapcode. Snap the code the Snapchat to find out what happens. If student send @fairfieldu a selfie that includes the lens, you could win one of the prize packs seen below.
STAGiving Day social contest winners could receive one of two prize packs.
Prize Pack 1 includes:
- 1 cozy, red Fairfield University sweatshirt blanket
- 1 luxurious Stags-branded fleece
- 1 chic pair of premium Stag socks
While Prize Pack 2 gets you:
- 1 cozy, black Fairfield university sweatshirt blanket
- 1 sleek Under Armour Fairfield University pullover
- 1 chic pair of premium Stag socks
There are many ways to show Stag Pride on STAGiving Day:
- Gear up in red! Wear your heart on your sleeve and don your Stag pride by dressing in Fairfield U attire or RED.
- Get Social: Use #STAGiving and spread Stag spirit on social media. Click here to learn more.
- Give Back: $1, $5, $10, or more. No matter the size, consider making a gift in honor of a professor, classmate, or program that made an impact on your life. Also, with a donation or $75 or more, Stags can receive an exclusive pair of Stag sock.
- Get Grub: Attend the STAGiving Day Surf & Turf Dinner in the Tully Dining Commons starting at 4:30 p.m.
- Become an Advocate: Encourage friends and family to participate and earn Fairfield swag. Look for the “Advocate” tab on the campaign of your choice.
- Track STAGiving Day progress at https://www.fairfield.edu/stagiving/
Join the celebration and help Fairfield knock the socks off of STAGiving Day! To view all of the giving options and to learn more about STAGiving Day, visit fairfield.edu/STAGiving.