Fairfield Hosts Spring Career and Internship Fair Feb. 24
Fairfield University’s Spring Career and Internship Fair will be held on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in Alumni Hall. All students are encouraged to attend to meet employers, and to see the various internship and employment opportunities that are available.
Over 500 students are expected to attend the Spring Career and Internship Fair, making it a valuable opportunity for students to network with employers. Over 100 representatives from organizations in accounting, finance, marketing, engineering, medical/health, consumer products, graduate programs, and non-profits will be present.
Some of the organizations in attendance include AFLAC, AMN Healthcare, BIC Corporation, Beiersdorf, Bigelow Tea, Camuto Group, Deloitte & Touche LLP, Ernst & Young, HamletHub, ICON International, KPMG, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, Terex Corporation, New England Center for Children, Stanley Black & Decker, TripBuilder Media, and many more.
Ana Blesso, assistant director of the Career Planning Center, has a few tips to help students be successful at the Career and Internship Fair:
- Make sure your resume is perfect and bring more copies than you think you need (printed on resume paper).
- Research the companies attending and prepare questions to ask about the company culture, internship/job opportunities, and top skills that the employer is looking for in a new hire/intern.
- Practice your elevator pitch. The elevator pitch is a 30-60 second “commercial” about you; it can include your academic program, GPA, skills, activities, reasons why you would be a great match for that employer, and what makes you a special, stand out candidate.
- Dress for success! Now is the time to wear your sharpest suit.
- Arrive early and create a game plan for the day.
- Ask for business cards for each person you meet with and send them a thank you email that evening.
- Remember to smile, ask thoughtful questions, and be yourself!
For more information about the event and a complete list of participants, please visit Spring 2016 Career and Internship Fair.