As social media trends change what users see, fans of Fairfield have the tools they need to stay informed about life in Stag Country.
Innovation is part of what makes Fairfield the modern Jesuit Catholic University, but it’s not the only community forging new paths: Facebook recently introduced a change of its own that will alter what displays in users’ news feeds. It is a big step for the company, but followers of Stag Country should not worry. Fairfield’s not going anywhere. Here is how fans can ensure the University shows up when they open Facebook:
- Find Fairfield University’s page in the Facebook app on a smart device.
- Tap “Following” right below Fairfield University’s name.
- Tap “See First” in the “In Your News Feed” section of the new screen that appears.
When followers mark Fairfield as “See First” social media, they are making sure they are updated on the most buzzed-about content from the epicenter of modern excellence. They will be:
- One of the 4,090 users who learned about freshman Ryan Toner ‘21’s participation in an international avionics conference from Fairfield’s news post on its Facebook page
- One of the 27,554 users who have learned, through Facebook, about the Fairfield University Art Museum’s historic exhibit The Holy Name — Art of the Gesu: Bernini and His Age
- And one of the 79,474 users who knew when to tune in to Fairfield’s national Christmas Eve celebration on CBS because they saw the University’s post in their Facebook news feed
In other words, Fairfield followers can participate in some of the biggest conversations happening about their favorite Jesuit University, anywhere.
On the other hand, if Facebook isn't users’ primary social network, the online presence of the University on other major social networks provides outstanding updates on student perspectives, faculty breakthroughs, and the evolution of Fairfield’s modern campus. Instagram users can follow both @FairfieldU, the University’s official and award-winning account, and the hashtag #FairfieldU. Users on Twitter can follow @FairfieldU as well, while fans on Snapchat can search the same handle to add the University as a friend.
Finally, Fairfield students can do more than follow their school on social media — they can be front and center. Students who want to share their college stories on Fairfield’s official Snapchat account can apply on OrgSync by clicking here.