Dr. Ying Zhang
Associate Professor of Finance
o: Dolan School of Business Rm 1115
1. “Stock Message Boards: A Quantitative Approach to Measuring Investor Sentiment.” (2014), Palgrave Macmillan, New York, USA. ISBN-13:9781137374172. ISBN-10:1137374179 (295 pages).
- “Investor Response to Online Value Line Rank Changes: Foreign versus Local Stocks”, (2016) With Jimmy Lockwood, Steven V. Le, and Wikrom Prombutr, Global Finance Journal, 30:10-26.
- What Explains the Investment Growth Anomaly?”(2012) With Chanwit Phengpis and Wikrom Prombutr, Journal of Banking & Finance, 36: 2532-2542.
"Pre-Event Trading Based on Value Line’s Weekly Rank Change Announcements", (2016) With Steven V. Le, Wikrom Prombutr, and Hongfei Tang, Journal of Trading, 3: 61-79.
“Half a century of research on the Value Line effect: A comprehensive review”, (2016). With Bobby Alexander, Managerial Finance,42: 799-816.
“An Investment Strategy Based on Value Line's Dual-Rank System”, (2011) With Ronald Zhao, Journal of Investing, 20, 40-49.
- "Yes, The Value Line Enigma Is Still Alive: Evidence From Online Timeliness Rank Changes” (2010) With Steven V. Le, and Giao X. Nguyen,The Financial Review, 45: 355-373.
Real Estate Investments:
- "Can Investors Hold More Real Estate? Evidence from Statistical Properties of Listed REIT versus Non-REIT Property Companies in the U.S." (2018) With John Glascock, Wikrom Prombutr, and Tingyu Zhou. Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, 56(2), 274-302.
- "An Investigation into the Substitutability of Equity and Mortgage REITs in Real Estate Portfolios" (2017) With Andrew Hansz and Tingyu Zhou, Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, 54: 338–364.
- “A Review and Extension of Merger and Acquisition Research between REITs and General Corporations”. (2018) With John Glascock and Tingyu Zhou. Journal of Real Estate Literature, Forthcoming
- “An Anatomy of the Interrelationship between Equity and Mortgage REITs.” (2017) With Andrew Hansz, Wikrom Prombutr, and Tingyu Zhou.International Real Estate Review, 20: 287-324.
- “Long-term cointegrative and short-term causal relations among U.S. Real Estate Sectors”, (2014) With Paul Gallimore, Andrew Hansz, and Wikrom Prombutr. International Real Estate Review, 17: 359-394.
- “Structuring Global Property Portfolios: A Cointegration Approach” (2013) With John G. Gallo and Larry Lockwood, Journal of Real Estate Research, 35: 53-81.
“The Impact of Debt Offerings on REIT Long-Run Performance.” (2012) With Daniel Huerta-Sanchez and Changha Jin, Journal of Real Estate Portfolio Management, 18, 155-167.
- "Global Property Market Diversification” (2010) With John G. Gallo, Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, 41: 458-485.
- “Measuring Effects on Stock Returns of Sentiment Indexes Created from Stock Message Boards” (2012) With Peggy E. Swanson and Wikrom Prombutr, Journal of Financial Research, 35: 79-114.
- "Do Internet stock message boards influence trading? Evidence from heavily discussed stocks with no fundamental news”, (2011) With Sanjiv Sabherwal and Salil K. Sarkar, Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, 38: 1209-1237.
- "Adverse Selection and Reputation in a World of Cheap Talk”, (2010) With C raig A. Depken, Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 50: 548-558.
- “Are Day Traders Bias Free?-Evidence from Internet Stock Message Boards”, (2010) With Peggy E. Swanson, Journal of Economics and Finance, 34: 96–112.
- “Determinants of Poster Reputation on Internet Stock Message Boards”, (2009) American Journal of Economics and Business Administration, 1(2) 114-121.
- “Online-talk, Does it matter?” (2008), With Sanjiv Sabherwal and Salil K. Sarkar, Managerial Finance, 34(6) 423-436.