Dr. Donald E. Gibson
Professor of Management
o: Dolan School of Business Rm 2116
- Robert E. Wall Faculty Award, "The Sound and the Fury: Understanding Anger in the Workplace." Awarded May, 2010 for 2010-2011 academic year.
- Faculty Recognition Award for Extraordinary Excellence in Research and Scholarship. Fairfield University, April, 2010.
- Finalist, Academy of Management Perspectives 2007 Best Paper Award, "Why Does Affect Matter in Organizations?" (with Sigal Barsade), Academy of Management, Anaheim, CA, August 2008.
- Best Experiential Exercise Award, “Emotions at Work: An Experiential Exercise,” Eastern Academy of Management, Baltimore, MD, 2003.
- Best Paper Award, “Role Models: Reinvigorating a Developmental Construct in Career Theory,” Academy of Management, Careers Division, Seattle, WA, 2003.
- Nominated, Outstanding Empirical Paper Award, “Human Resources and Competitive Advantage: The Effects of Skill, Behavior and HR Practice Flexibility on Firm Performance,” Eastern Academy of Management, Providence, RI, 2004.
- Finalist, Best Dissertation Proposal Award, The Institute of Management Sciences (TIMS) College on Organization, 1994.
- Graduate Student Paper Award, “The Struggle for Reason: The Sociology of Emotions in Organizations,” American Sociological Association, Sociology of Emotions section, 1994.
- OB/OMT Doctoral Consortium, Academy of Management, 1993.
- Outstanding Paper, “Constructing Emotional Maps: Structures in Organizations and Emotions,” Western Academy of Management, San Jose, California, 1993.
- Outstanding Presentation, “Symbolic and Instrumental Scapegoating: Strategic Blame and Credit in Organizations,” Graduate Student Research Conference, California Lutheran University, Thousand Oaks, California, 1993.
- Graduate Fellowship, Anderson Graduate School of Management, 1991.
- Summer Research Grant, 2010. Dolan School of Business, Fairfield University. Title of Proposed Project: “Blame and Credit Attributions and Quality of Life: The Effect of Organizational Design.”
- Summer Research Grant, 2009. Dolan School of Business, Fairfield University. title of Proposed Project: "Anger in the Workplace: Review and Critique"
- Summer Research Grant, 2003. Dolan School of Business, Fairfield University. Title of Proposed Project: “Anger at Work: The Influence of Anger Expressions on Organizational Outcomes”