Dr. Linda N. Roney
Assistant Professor of Nursing
o: NHS Rm 111
1. *Roney, L., Acri, M. (2018) The cost of caring: An exploration of compassion fatigue, compassion satisfaction and job satisfaction in pediatric nurses. Journal of Pediatric Nursing. (In press)
2. *Roney, L, Westrick, S., Acri, M., Aronson, B. & Rebeschi, L. Technology Use and Technological Self-Efficacy Among Undergraduate Nursing Faculty (2017). Nursing Education Perspectives, 38(3):113-118.
3. *Roney, L., Sumpio, C., Beauvais, A., & O’Shea, E. (2017). Describing clinical faculty experiences with patient safety and quality care in acute care settings: A mixed methods study. Nurse Education Today, 49:45-50. doi: 10.1016/j.nedt.2016.11.014
4. *Auerbach M, Cole J, Violano P, Roney L, Doherty C, Shepherd M, MacKinnon R. (2016). An international inter-professional study of mental models and factors delaying neuroimaging of critically head injured children presenting to emergency departments. Pediatric Emergency Care. DOI: 10.1097/PEC.0000000000000915
5. *Massey K, Kant S, Violano P, Roney L, King W, Justice W, McFalls K, Monroe K. (2016). Evaluating distracted driving behaviors in parents of children in suburban and rural areas of Alabama. Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery. 2016 Oct;81(4 Suppl 1):S44-7. doi: 10.1097/TA.0000000000001181.
6. *Violano P., Roney L., Bechtel K. The Incidence of Pedestrian Distraction at Urban Intersections after Implementation of a Pedestrian Safety Campaign. Injury Epidemiology 2015, 2(18). DOI 10.1186/s40621-015-0050-7.
7 *Roney L, Kazer MW. (2015). Geriatric sexual experiences: The seniors tell all. Applied Nursing Research, 28(3), 254-256. doi: 10.1016/j.apnr.2015.04.005
8. *Auerbach M.A., Roney L., Aysseh A., Gawel, M., Koziel, J.R., Barre, K., Caty, M.G.,Santucci, S. (2014). In-situ pediatric trauma simulation: Assessing the impact and feasibility of an interdisciplinary pediatric in-situ trauma care quality improvement simulation program. Pediatric Emergency Care, 30(12), 884-891. http://dx.doi.org/10.109/pec.0000000000000297
9. *Roney, L., Violano, P., Klaus, G., Lofthouse, R., Dzuira, J. (2013). Distracted driving behaviors of adults while children are in the car. Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery, 75(4), S290-S295. http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/ta.0b013e3182924200
10. *Vaca, F. , Summers, D., Roney, L., Violano, P., Moriarty-Daley, A,. Dziura, J.,Anderson, C. (2013). Behaviors increasing the risk of crash injury in Latino adolescent males: the influence of acculturation and parent connectedness. Annals of Advancesin Automotive Medicine, 57, 369-372.
Professional Non-Refereed Journal Articles
1. Roney, L. (2016). Documentation of Child abuse: Key facts and recommendations for nurses. Advance for Nurses. May 2016. (online and print editions, CEU article for mandated reporters of child abuse). Available at: http://nursing.advanceweb.com/Continuing-Education/CE-Articles/Documentation-of-Child-Abuse.aspx
2. Roney, L. (2017). Using measurement to care for patients: Broselow Pediatric Emergency Tape. Advance for Nurses. February 2017. Available at: http://nursing.advanceweb.com/Continuing-Education/CE-Articles/Broselow-Tape.aspx