Dr. Shahrokh Etemad
Professor & Chairman, Mechanical Engineering Department
o: Bannow Science Center Rm 107
- Bannow-Larson Professor of Manufacturing, 2016 – 2021.
- Member of Board of Associates, American Society of Mechanical Engineering, ASME, Internal Combustion Engine Division, 2013 – Present.
- Advisory Board Member of Housatonic Community College, 2013 – 2015.
- Board Member of Business Plan Competition, Dolan School of Business, Fairfield University, 2013-Present.
- Fellow of Bridgeport Engineering Institute, BEI, 2009.
- Member of University Turbine System Research, Department of Energy, DOE - Industrial Review Board (IRB) providing technology direction for DOE, OEM (Original Engine Manufacturers) gas turbine members and academia (2005-2010). Mentored six college students assigned by DOE for industrial / educational training.
- Recipient of the 2003 IGTI (International Gas Turbine Institute) “Best Application Paper” from the Fuels and Combustion committee
Recipient of the 2005 ASME Award for “outstanding contributions to the literature of combustion”
Westinghouse Power Generation Division, Certificate of Achievement, 1997
- “Advanced Manufacturing Development”, Bannow-Larson Foundation, 2016-2021, $250K.
- “School of Engineering Equipment”, Dorothy Bannow Larson, 2015, $10K.
- “Development of a New Material Characterization Laboratory”, Alden Family Trust, 2014-15, $75K.
- “Development of a New Material Characterization Laboratory”, Earl and Hilda Brinkman Foundation Grants, 2014-15, $70K.
- Technology Talent Bridge, CT Innovation, 2012-13, $25K.
- “Downhole of Oxy-fuel Steam/CO2 Generator for Production of Gas from Hydrates”, Department of Energy, Grant Contract # DE-SC0004385, 2010-11, $100K.
- “Catalytic Combustion for Ultra-Low NOx Hydrogen Turbines”, Department of Energy, Grant DE-FC26-05NT42647, Phase II, 2005-10, $3.0M.
- “Compact and Streamlined Oxy-Syngas Reheat Combustor”, Department of Energy, Grant DE-FG02-08ER85015, 2008-09, $100K.
- “Micro-Ignition Components for Heavy Fuel Engines”, Air Force Grant FA8650-08-M-2900., 2008-09, $100K.
- “Industrial Gas Turbine Engine Catalytic Pilot Combustor – Prototype Testing”, Department of Energy, Grant DE-FC02-02CH11133, 2002-2010, $4.5M.
- “Compact Stable Low Residence Time Inter-Turbine Combustor”, Air Force, Grant FA8650-09-M-2983, 2008-09, $100K.
- "Ultra-Low NOx Catalytic Combustion for IGCC Power Plants”, Department of Energy, Grant DE-FC26-03NT41721, Phase II, 2003-08, $1.4M.
- “Catalytic Combustion Enabling Technologies Development Program For Industrial Gas Turbine Systems”, Grant DE-FC02-98CH10939, Department of Energy, 1998-2002, $1.2M.
- “Advanced Catalytic Pilot for Advanced Gas Turbine Systems”, Department of Energy, Grant DOE-FG-O2-99ER82863, 1999-2002, $825K.