Dr. David Crawford
Professor of Sociology & Anthropology
- Robert E. Wall Award (semester sabbatical from teaching duties, spring 2015).
- George E. Lang Award for service, Connecticut State Conference of the American Association of University Professors, 2012.
- Alpha Sigma Nu Teacher of the Year, Fairfield University, 2009.
- London School of Economics Visiting Student Researcher, Department of Anthropology, 2000.
- Julian Steward Award for "Moroccan Households in the World Economy." Given by the Anthropology and the Environment section of the American Anthropological Association, 2009.
- Phillip Shehadi New Writers Award for “How Berber Matters in the Middle of Nowhere” Middle East Research and Information Project MERIP, Washington, D.C.
- Fairfield University Summer Research Grant, 2014.
- American Institute of Maghrib Studies Research Grant. 2009.
- Humanities Institute Grant, Fairfield University. 2009
- Pre-Tenure Leave. Fairfield University. 2005.
- The Social Organization of Migration in Highland Morocco. Fulbright. 2003.
- The Social Organization of Migration in Highland Morocco. Fulbright Serial Grant. 2003.
- Summer Academy Fellowship for Mitarbeiterin Arbeitskreis Moderne und Islam. Wissenschaftskolleg zu Berlin. 2002.
- Dissertation Research Fellowship. Social Science Research Council (SSRC). 1998.
- Dissertation Research Fellowship. American Institute of Maghrib Studies (AIMS). 1998.
- Foreign Language Area Studies Fellowship (FLAS). American Language Institute, Fes, Morocco. 1997.