Ms. Suzanne Chamlin-Richer
Associate Professor of Visual & Performing Arts
Current Research Interests
I am interested in observation and seeing as a way to become familiar with and learn about subjects and places I have not yet explored. In painting and drawing I respond visually to deepen in my understanding and appreciation for the subject. I work directly on site and from memory. Developing an understanding and feeling for materials is fundamental to my studio practice.
In teaching my goals are to guide students to develop a visual vocabulary upon which to build a personal language of expression. I feel each person's unique way of seeing can be developed from the beginning by identifying the strengths in the ways s/he interprets visual information and by nurturing their ability to explore invention.
- SA 13: Foundation:Figure Drawing
- SA 013: Introduction to Figure Drawing
- SA 015: Introduction to Painting
- SA 130: Painting I
- SA 138: From Drawing to Painting
- SA 139: Watercolor
- SA 300: Seminar: Junior Project
- SA 301: Seminar: Sr Portfolio Exhibit
- SA 302: Independent Study
- SA 304: Studio Internship