Dr. Min Xu
Associate Professor of Physics
o: Bannow Science Center Rm 119
- Dissertation Year Fellowship, the Graduate center of City University of New York, 2000.
- Outstanding University Graduate of Shanghai, 1992.
- Winner of an excellence prize of the 4th National Youth Physics Contest sponsored by the Society of Physics, China, 1987.
- Winner of an Excellence prize of the National Youth Mathematics Contest ’87 sponsored by the Society of Mathematics, China, 1987.
- 2010-2013: 3-year DOC PCRP New Investigator Award "Hyperspectral Low-Coherence Enhanced Backscattering Mesoscopic Tomography for Analysis and Risk Stratication of Prostate Cancer"
- 2010-2012: 2-year Multi-investigator Cottrel College Science Award "Multimodal monitoring of oxidative stress, proliferation and cell death with light: The role of peroxiredoxins in breast cancer"
- 2009-2011: 2-year AREA grant "Low Coherence Enhanced Backscattering Tomography" by National Institutes of Health
- 2008-2011: 3-year Idea award "Development of rectal near infrared scanning polarization imaging unit and independent component analysis algorithm for prostate cancer detection" by U.S. Army Medical Research and Material Command
- 2007-2009: 2-year Cottrel College Science Award "Backscattering ofpartially coherent polarizedl ight from a turbid medium" by Research Corporation