Dr. Kathleen A. Wheeler
Professor of Nursing
o: NHS Rm 201F
- 2009 Fellow in the American Academy of Nursing (FAAN)
- Distinguished Alumni Cornell University-New York Hospital School of Nursing, 2004.
- Annual Sigma Theta Tau MuChi Award for Excellence in Nursing: Nursing Research, 1996.
- Award for Innovative Curricular Design of $1000 from Lehman College of CUNY for proposal Integrating Empathy Training Into the Undergraduate Nursing Curriculum, 1992.
- 2008 & 2015 AJN Book of the Year Awards for Psychotherapy for the Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurse.
- 2008 American Psychiatric Nurses Association Media Award for book Psychotherapy for the Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurse St. Louis:Elsevier Health Sciences.
- 2008 American Psychiatric Nurses Association Award for Excellence in Practice APRN
- 2004 American Psychiatric Nurses Association Award for Excellence in Education.
- Sigma Theta Tau Chapter Newsletter Article Award for “Evidence Based Practice” in MuChi Newsletter, 2001.
The Connecticut Project Safe Neighborhoods Youth Opportunity Initiative through The Justice Education Center Inc. $44,000 A Randomized Clinical Trial of EMDR Therapy for At Risk Adolescents, 2016.
The Brinkman Foundation for Group Intervention Study for Children and Adolescents Exposed to Trauma, $4,000 awarded 2014.
The Brinkman Foundation for Group Intervention Study for Children and Adolescents Exposed to Trauma, $7,000 awarded 2013.
EMDR Research Foundation for A Randomized Clinical Trial of Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Supportive Psychotherapy for Sex Offenders: Treatment Effects and Long-Term Maintenance, $10,000 awarded 2012-2014. P.I. for interdiscipllinary multi-site research project.
vonAmerigen Foundation for Mental Health Services Program at The Health Promotion Center; $95,545; 1999 -2002; Project Director and P.I. I wrote the proposal and directed other APRNs, RNs & nursing students who did data collection and program delivery.