Dr. Adrian Rusu-Sprincenatu
Professor & Chair of the Electrical & Computer Systems Engineering
o: Bannow Science Center Rm 112
Selected Technical Publications
- A Straight-Line Order-Preserving Binary Tree Drawing Algorithm with Linear Area and Arbitrary Aspect Ratio, with Andrew Fabian. Computational Geometry: Theory and Applications Journal, Volume 48, Issue 3, pages 268-294, March 2015.
- How to Display Group Information on Node-Link Diagrams: an Evaluation, with Radu Jianu, Yifan Hu, and Douglas Taggart. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, Volume 20, Issue 11, pages 1530-1541, November 2014.
- Systematic Visualization Suite for En Route Air Traffic Flows and Flight Encounters, with Confesor Santiago, Amalia Rusu, and Andrew Fabian. AIAA Journal of Aerospace Information Systems, Volume 10, Number 2, pages 87-97, February 2013.
- Government and Academia Partnership to Test and Evaluate Air Traffic Control Decision Support Software, with Confesor Santiago, Chu Yao, and Andrew Crowell. Selected paper. International Test and Evaluation Association Journal, 30(1): 31-38, 2009.
- Grid Drawings of Binary Trees: An Experimental Study, with Confesor Santiago. Journal of Graph Algorithms and Applications, 12(2):131-195, 2008.
- Area-Efficient Planar Straight-Line Drawings of Outerplanar Graphs, with Ashim Garg. Invited paper. Discrete Applied Mathematics Journal, 155(9): 1116-1140, 2007.
- Straight-line Drawings of Binary Trees with Linear Area and Arbitrary Aspect Ratio, with Ashim Garg. Invited paper. Journal of Graph Algorithms and Applications, 8(2): 135-160, 2004.
- Area-Efficient Order-Preserving Planar Straight-line Drawings of Ordered Trees, with Ashim Garg. Invited Paper. International Journal of Computational Geometry and Applications, 13(6): 487-505, 2003.
- Using the Gestalt Principle of Closure to Alleviate the Edge Crossing Problem in Graph Drawings, with Amalia Rusu, Andrew Fabian, and Radu Jianu. Proceedings 15th International Conference on Information Visualisation, IEEE Computers Society, pages 488-493, 2011.
- Aircraft Conflict Resolution Cataloguer, with Chu Yao, Andrew Danick, Ravina Hingorani, and Ryan Toner. Proceedings 36th IEEE/AIAA Digital Avionics Systems Conference, 2017.
Computer Science and Engineering Education Publications
- Creating Software Engineering Entrepreneurial Awareness through Hands-on Interaction with Real Entrepreneurs, with Amalia Rusu and Mike Roer. Proceedings 18th International Conference on Engineering Education, 2015.
- Interdisciplinary Faculty-Faculty Collaborations for the Development of Learning Technologies, with Matthew Bealor and Hector Lopez. Proceedings 44th Annual ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference, 2014.
- Introducing Object Oriented Design Patterns through a Puzzle-Based Serious Computer Game, with Robert Russell, Remo Cocco, and Spence DiNicolantonio. Proceedings 41st Annual ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference, 2011.
- Employing Software Maintenance Techniques via a Tower-Defense Serious Computer Game, with Robert Russell, Edward Burns, and Andrew Fabian. Proceedings 6th International Conference on E-Learning and Games, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 2912, Springer, pages 176-184, 2011.
- Simulating the Software Engineering Interview Process using a Decision-Based Serious Computer Game, with Robert Russell and Remo Cocco. Proceedings 16th International Conference on Computer Games: AI, Animation, Mobile, Interactive Multimedia, Educational & Serious Games, IEEE Computers Society, pages 235-239, 2011.
- Learning Software Engineering Basic Concepts using a Five-Phase Game, with Robert Russell, John Robinson, and Amalia Rusu. Proceedings 40th Annual ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference, 2010.
- Academia-Academia-Industry Collaborations on Software Engineering Projects Using Local-Remote Teams, with Amalia Rusu, Rebecca Docimo, Confesor Santiago, and
Mike Paglione. Proceedings 40th ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education, pages 301-305, 2009.
- Overcoming Limited Resources: An Academia-Government Partnership on Software Engineering and Capstone Projects, with Amalia Rusu, Mike Paglione, Fred Snyder, and Confesor Santiago. Proceedings 37th Annual ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference, 2007.
- Pushing Beyond Traditional School and Course Boundaries: High School and University Students Collaborate on an Interdisciplinary Project, with Amalia Rusu, Jennifer Kay, and Hong Zhang. Proceedings 37th Annual ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference, 2007.
- A Multiple-Projects-Multiple-Winners Approach for Teaching Software Engineering, with Robert Webb, David Shanline, Confesor Santiago, Christopher Luna, and Matthew Kulak. Proceedings 9th IASTED International Conference on Software Engineering and Applications, ACTA Press, 2005.
- Pioneering Entrepreneurial Software Engineers, with Robert Elliott, Daniel Jones, Kevin McGarry, Confesor Santiago, and Hussein Syed Mohammed. Proceedings 35th Annual ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference, 2005.