Dr. Debra M. Strauss
Professor of Business Law
o: Dolan School of Business Rm 2118
- Food & Drug Law Institute Scholar
- Helen A. Snyder Graduate Fellowship
- Phi Beta Kappa, Cornell University
- Articles Editor, Yale Law & Policy Review
- Judicial Clerkship, Honorable Charles L. Brieant, Chief Judge/District Judge, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Dolan School of Business Outstanding Research Paper Award, 2014: "An Analysis of the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act: Protection for Consumers and Boon for Business"
- Fairfield University F.W.C. A.A.U.P. Colleague of the Year Award, 2013 (presented for outstanding commitment, service to the university, and leadership on behalf of the faculty)
- Best Paper Award, North East Academy of Legal Studies in Business Annual Meeting, 2012: "Achieving the Food Safety Mandate: Bringing the USDA to the Table"
- The George E. Lang, Jr. Award, Connecticut State Conference-A.A.U.P., 2011 (presented for dedication to academic freedom, faculty governance, and faculty rights and responsibilities)
- Best Paper Award, North East Academy of Legal Studies in Business Annual Meeting, 2008: "Reaching Out to the International Community: Civil Lawsuits as the Common Ground in the Battle against Terrorism"
- "The Intervention of the Executive Branch in Terrorism Judgment Cases: A Public Policy Analysis for a Unified Approach by the U.S. Government," Fairfield University Research Sabbatical, 2013
- "The Role of Courts, Agencies, and Congress in GMOs: A Multilateral Approach to Ensuring the Safety of the Food Supply," DSB Summer Research Stipend, 2011
- "Law and Society Program Development," Humanities Institute Grant, 2011
- "Patentability of Life: Reconsidering the Grant of Intellectual Property Rights for Genetically Modified Organisms" and "The Application of TRIPS to GMOs: International Intellectual Property Rights and Biotechnology," Fairfield University Pre-tenure Research Leave, 2008
- "Critical Pedagogy and Course Development in International Studies"; Course development, "International Law and Ethics of Genetically Modified Food," Humanities Institute Grant, 2008
- "Feast or Famine: The Impact of the WTO Decision Favoring the U.S. Biotechnology Industry in the EU Ban of GM Foods," DSB Summer Research Stipend, 2007