Dr. Katherine A. Schwab
Professor of Visual & Performing Arts
o: Canisius Hall Rm 308
- Schwab, K. and M. Rose, "Self and Identity," in Antiquity, v. 1, ed. M. Harlow, series: A Cultural History of Hair (Bloomsbury Press, forthcoming).
- “The Parthenon East Metopes: Battle in Full Splendor,” in Rethinking the Parthenon: Color, Materiality and Aesthetics, eds. M. Abbe and N. Norman (Cambridge University Press, forthcoming).
- An Archaeologist’s Eye: Parthenon Drawings of Katherine A. Schwab, traveling exhibition 2014-2018.
- Schwab, K. and M. Rose, co-curators, Hair in the Classical World, exhibition, Bellarmine Museum of Art, Fairfield University,October 7-December 18, 2015
- Schwab, K. and M. Rose, “Fishtail Braids and the Caryatid Hairstyling Project: Fashion Today and in Ancient Athens,” Catwalk: The Journal of Fashion, Beauty and Style 4:2 (2015) 1-24.
- Photographs of the Caryatid Hairstyling Project, Greek Consulate General in New York City Feb 25-Mar27, 2015 and the Greek Embassy in Washington, DC, Apr 30-June 26, 2015
- Schwab, K. “Looking Past the Myths in the Parthenon Metopes,” Parthenon Sculpture, Parthenon Project Japan 2007-2009, Tsukuba University, Tsukuba-City, Japan, 2011.
- Schwab, Katherine A. Twenty-Six Parthenon East and North Metope Drawings, permanently installed in the Parthenon Gallery of the new Acropolis Museum, Athens, Greece.
- Caryatid Hairstyling Project and DVD, 2009.
- Schwab, Katherine A. "New Evidence in Parthenon East Metope 14," Structure, Image, Ornament: Architectural Sculpture of the Greek World, eds. R. von den Hoff and P. Schultz (David Brown Books/Oxbow Books, June 2009) 79-86.
- Schwab, Katherine A. "Creative Intentions, Truth and Archaeology," The Creative Photograph in Archaeology, ed. C. Antoniades. (Athens, Benaki Museum, 2008) 37-44.
- Schwab, Katherine A. "Parthenon East Metope 3: A New Reconstruction for Ares and the Opposing Giant," Proceedings of the XVIth International Congress of Classical Archaeology, Boston 2003, ed. A. Brauer, C. Mattusch, and A. Donahue (Oxbow Books 2006) 428-431.
- Schwab, Katherine A. 'A Celebration of Victory: The Parthenon Metopes.' The Parthenon: From Antiquity to the Present. Ed. Neils, Jenifer. Cambridge University Press, 2005. 159-197.
- Schwab, Katherine A. 'The Parthenon East Metopes, the Gigantomachy, and Digital Technology.' The Parthenon and its Sculptures. Ed. Cosmopoulos, Michael. Cambridge University Press, 2004. 150-165.
- Schwab, Katherine A. 'Ajax, Kassandra and the Palladion.' Essays in Honor of Dietrich von Bothmer, Allard Pierson Series vol. 14. Ed. Clark, A.; Gaunt, J.. Amsterdam, 2002.
- Schwab, Katherine A. 'Reconstructing the Parthenon East Metopes: Sources in Sculpture.' American Journal of Archeology . (2001).
- Schwab, Katherine A. 'Metal and Stone Vessels from the Greek Sanctuary.' Kommos, Excavations on Crete IV. Ed. Shaw, J.W.; Shaw, M.C.. Princeton University Press, 2000.
- "The Lysippan Herakles as Vajrapani in Hadda," Hellenistic Schools of Sculpture, Proceedings of an International Conference held at the American School of Classical Studies at Athens, March 15-17, 1996, eds. O. Palagia and W. Coulson (Oxbow Mongraphs 1998) 27-33.