Dr. Marice Rose
Associate Professor of Visual & Performing Arts
- Co-author with Tera Lee Hedrick, "Multisensory and Active Learning Approaches to Teaching Medieval Art," Art History Pedagogy & Practice 3 (2018), https://academicworks.cuny.edu/ahpp/vol3/iss1/4 .
- Co-author with Katherine A. Schwab, “Self and Society,” in Berg's A Cultural History of Hair, Volume 1 (Bloomsbury, 2018).
- “Virgin” and “Woman with the Issue of Blood,” in The Eerdman's Encyclopedia of Early Christian Art and Archaeology. Edited by Paul Corby Finney (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 2017), 693, 706.
- “A New Approach to Teaching Roman Art History,” Classical World 110.1 (2016), 119–136.
- Co-author with Katherine A. Schwab, “Fishtail Braids and the Caryatid Hairstyling Project: Fashion Today and in Ancient Athens,” Catwalk: The Journal of Fashion, Beauty, and Style 4 (2015), 1–24.
- Didactic materials, with Katherine A. Schwab, “Hair in the Classical World,” Bellarmine Museum of Art, October 7–December 18, 2015.
- Co-editor with Alison Poe, Receptions of Antiquity, Constructions of Gender in European Art, 1300–1600 (Leiden: Brill, 2015).
- “Objects of Stone,” Palatine East: Excavations of the Soprintendenza Archeologica di Roma and the American Academy in Rome, 1988–1994. Volume 2. Edited by J.R. Brandt, A. St. Clair, E. Hostetter (Rome: DeLuca Editori d'Arte, 2014), 19–26.
- “‘Our Empire is Your Empire’: Classical Reception of Caesars Palace, Atlantic City,” International Journal of the Classical Tradition 21 (2014), 159–179.
- “‘Object Lesson’: Using Family Heirlooms to Engage Students in Art History,” Art Education 65 (2012), 47–52.
- Didactic materials, From Kells to Clonmacnoise: Medieval Irish Art in Context, Bellarmine Museum of Art, April 18–May 24, 2011.
- “The Late Antique Silver Dancer in Boston,” New England Classical Journal 37.3 (2010), 177–191.
- Co-author with Roben Torosyan, “Integrating Big Questions with Real World Applications: Models from Art History and Philosophy,” New Directions for Teaching and Learning 119 (2009), 61–71.
- “Encouraging Integrative Learning through Current Events and Learning Portfolios,” Transformative Dialogues: Teaching and Learning Journal 3 (2009).
- “The Construction of Mistress and Female Slave Relationships in Late Antique Art,” Woman's Art Journal 30 (2008), 41–49.
- “The Trier Ceiling: Power and Status on Display in Late Antiquity,” Greece and Rome 53 (2006), 92–109.
- Vassos Karageorghis, Joan R. Mertens, Marice E. Rose, Art of Ancient Cyprus: The Cesnola Collection in the Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York: Harry N. Abrams, 2000).