Dr. Kathryn A. Nantz
Professor of Economics
o: Donnarumma Hall Rm 327
Articles and chapters
- Abbott, William and Nantz, Kathryn. (2015) “Utilizing Interdisciplinary Insights to Build Efficient and Effective Reading Skills.” Chapter to appear in What is College Reading? Exploring Reading in Every Discipline. Fort Collins: The WAC Clearinghouse, ATD Books Series. Forthcoming, 2015
- Mager, D., Wallace Kazer, M., Conelius,J., Shea, J., Lippman, D., Torosyan, R., and Nantz, K. (2014). “Development, implementation and evaluation of a peer review of teaching (PRoT) initiative in nursing education”. International Journal of Nursing Education Scholarship. Volume 11, Issue 1, ISSN (Online) 1548-923X, ISSN (Print) 2194-5772, DOI: 10.1515/ijnes-2013-0019, June 2014.
- Bowen, Betsy and Nantz, Kathryn. (2014) “What is the Value of the GED?” College English. Vol. 77, No. 1, p. 32-54.
- Abbott, William and Nantz, Kathryn. (2012) "Building Students' Integrative Thinking Capacities: A Case Study in Economics and History." Issues in Integrative Studies, Number 30, p. 19-47.
- Nantz, Kathryn. (2010) “Labor Markets.” Rhona C. Free, ed. 21st Century Economics: A Reference Handbook, Vol. 1. Sage Publications, p. 141-151.
Klaf, Suzanna, Miners, Laurence, and Nantz, Kathryn. (2010) “Swallowing the ‘interdisciplinary pill’: Integrating the Fairfield Core.” Conversations, Number 38: 27-29.
Miners, Laurence and Nantz, Kathryn. (2009) “Significant Learning in the Economics Classroom.” L. Dee Fink and Arletta Knight Fink, eds. New Directions for Teaching and Learning, Number 119: 25-33.
- Nantz, Kathryn, editor. (2014) Business Education in Central Asia: Best Practices in Integrative Study and Teaching. Published by US-Central Asia Education Foundation. CreateSpace Amazon Publishing System.
“Using Interdisciplinary Insights to Build Efficient and Effective Reading Skills.” With William Abbott. SoTL Commons Conference, Savannah Georgia. March 25, 2015.
“Determining the Impact of the GED and Literacy Education: The Mercy Learning Center Case Study”. With Evan Anderson, undergraduate economics student co-author. Annual Meetings of the Eastern Economic Association. Boston, MA. March 8, 2014.
“How much is a GED Worth?” With Betsy Bowen. The Ninth Biennial Thomas R. Watson Conference in Rhetoric and Composition. University of Louisville. October 18, 2012.
“Putting the Spotlight on Learning: Cultivating Self-Directed Learners by Design.” With Suzanna Klaf. The Teaching Professor Conference. Washington, DC. June 3, 2012.
Panel Presentation. “Operationalizing Integrative Learning”. NEEAN Dialogues on Integrative Learning. Holy Cross, Worcester, MA. March 25, 2011.