- Nominated for the Academy of Management Best Paper Award for The Academy of Management Executive, based on reviewer assessments of all 2005 papers published in that journal, nominated in 2006.
- Nominated for the Rosabeth Moss Kanter Award from the Work and Families Institute for “Managerial Decision Making Regarding Alternative Work Arrangements”, 2000.
- Dolan School of Business Excellence in Teaching Award, 2018.
- Recipient of the Outstanding Paper Award for 2007 by the Emerald Literati Network for the journal Career Development International for “The Changing Nature of Gender Roles, Alpha/Beta Careers and Work-Life Issues”, 2008.
- Gold Citation of Excellence from Elsevier Publishing in 2007, for “Kaleidoscope Careers: An Alternate Explanation for the Opt-Out Revolution", regarded as one of the top 50 articles published in all management journals in 2005, award granted in 2007.
- Recipient of the 2009 McGraw-Hill/Irwin Distinguished Paper Award from the Southwest Academy of Management.
- Career Regrets. Charles F. Dolan Summer Research Grant. 2005.
- Kaleidoscope Careers, Charles F. Dolan Research Grant, 2011.