Dean for School of Engineering
o: Bannow Science Center Rm 167
- American Society of Civil Engineers, Fellow, May 2011.
- American Society of Civil Engineers, National Certificate of Commendation for Outstanding Faculty Advisor to Student Chapter, 2008.
- American Society of Civil Engineers, Toledo Section, Engineer of the Year, 2006.
- Fulbright Research Scholar Award, Water Quality Research Project, Mutah University, Karak, Jordan, 2005.
- American Society for Engineering Education, Environmental Engineering Division, Best Paper for 2002, ASEE National Conference, Nashville, TN, June 2003.
- ABET Program Evaluator, 2009-Present
- American Society of Civil Engineers, Region 7 Governor, October 2010-May 2013.
- American Society of Civil Engineers, National Comm. on Scholarship, Sept. 2007-2011
- South Dakota Water Environment Association, Vice President, Sept.1997-Aug.1999.
- South Dakota Water Environment Association, President, Sept. 1999-Aug. 2000.
1. September 2010, National Science Foundation, "Collaborative Research: OLC/SDSU/SDSMT Pre-Engineering Education Collaborative," $825,000.
2. September 2009, Berdanier, B.W., and DeBoer, D., National Science Foundation, "Acquisition of Inductively Coupled Plasma – Optical Emission Spectrometer," $118,944.
3. October 2008, USDA-CSREES, "Development of Analytical Capabilities for the Examination of Treatment Potential of Human Pharmaceutical Compounds in a Municipal Wastewater Treatment Plant," $20,000.
4. March 2008, National Science Foundation, "Multi National Team Planning Visit to Mongolia," $29,664.
5. July 2007, Sundareshwar, P.V., and Berdanier, B.W., National Science Foundation, SGER: An Opportunity to Study the Impact of Nutrient Pulsing in an Oligotrophic Forest Stream in South Dakota, $75,000.