Blackboard Instructor Resources: Pedagogy of Online and Hybrid Teaching
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get a Blackboard course set up?
All University courses are now automatically populated via a direct connection with Banner. Simply log in to Blackboard and all of your courses will be there. No courses will be visible to your students, however, until you specific mark it as Available.
- How do I log into Blackboard? Go to http://fairfield.edu/blackboard and enter your NetID username and password.
- How are students added to my class list in Bb? The Blackboard system will update twice daily with information received from Banner. As students register for your course, they will be added to the class list during the next update. If they drop the course, they will be removed during the next update. You can view your class list by clicking on Users and Groups and then Users from within the Control Panel of your course.
- How do I change the name of my course? Since the courses are now coming over directly from Banner, the course name contains the term code and section information. You can change the name of the course by going into Customization in the Control Panel and then Properties. #1 is where you can change the name. Since Bb does not organize courses by term codes, it's advisable to keep the term code listed somewhere in the course name so that you’ll be able to differentiate one semester's offering of a course from another.
- How do I remove courses from the My Courses module on my Blackboard homepage?
Now that Bb is integrated with Banner, all of your courses will be created in Bb whether you plan on using it with your course or not. If you want to remove courses from your My Courses module, click on the Manage My Courses Module Settings (the first icon in the My Courses module title bar). Under Display Course Names, uncheck the names of the courses that you want to remove from your listing and click Submit.
- How do I copy content over from an existing course into a new course?
Go into the course you want to copy content from and click on Packages and Utilities from within the Control Panel. Select Course Copy. Under #1, click on the drop-down menu and select Copy Course Materials into an Existing Course. Under #2, click on Browse to find the new course that you want to copy your content into. Select the types of content you want to copy over and then click Submit.
Log on to Fairfield's Blackboard site
Blackboard Course Templates
Getting Started with Blackboard's "Original Experience"