Graduate Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions


  • Grad students receive $5 printing dollars per registered course, automatically loaded onto their StagCards.
  • Work can be sent to WEPA printers via mobile device,, or USB device.
  • WEPA wireless printing machines are located in almost every building on campus. For an updated list of printer locations, visit
  • Visit for more information on printing and pricing!



  • Graduate students may park in any non-resident parking lot on campus as long as they have registered their cars with the university.
  • See the Graduate Student Parking Map included in your Grad Stag Day folder for more information or visit the Parking Office located on the Ground Floor of Loyola Hall.



  • Fairfield University offers a variety of on-campus dining options. See the Food & Dining flyer included in your Grad Stag Day folder for more information.
  • University Meal Plans are available for all students to purchase. More information can be found at




Counseling & Psychological Services

  • Counseling & Psychological Services grants one free counseling session to graduate students, after which students will be referred to an external counselor.
  • For more information, email or call Counseling & Psychological Services at (203) 254-4000 ext: 2146.


Advocacy and Graduate Student Senate

  • The GSS is the graduate student voice to the University administration, faculty, staff and fellow students. Each school has one graduate student senator to represent its needs.
  • The GSS goal is to support the unique needs of graduate students in the Fairfield Community through advocacy, programming, and other opportunities.
  • Visit OrgSync to keep track of GSS events and news!
  • For more information, questions, or concerns, contact


Registration and Advising

Graduate student registration and advising is unique to the individual graduate programs. For more information, contact your school’s Associate Dean of graduate students:


Insurance and Health Services

  • International graduate students are required to enroll in the university insurance plan.
  • The University is not able to offer health insurance or access to the health center to domestic (US) graduate students. If you need health insurance, here are a few options:
    1. Individual coverage through your state insurance marketplace: Coverage is available for individual enrollment through the insurance marketplace in the state in which you are a permanent resident. Visit and complete the questionnaire to view plans that you may qualify for. Depending on your household income, you may also qualify for a subsidy for coverage purchased through your state marketplace.
    2. Coverage under a parent’s employer insurance plan: For those under age 26, you may qualify to enroll as a dependent on the health insurance held by a parent. Please contact the employer for further details.
    3. Individual health insurance plans available on the open market (outside of the official state marketplace)



  • Graduate Student Life in the Office of Student Engagement plans many academic, professional, and social events for graduate students
  • To stay up to date on these events, make sure you are using OrgSync, Fairfield University’s event management portal! Visit and search for OrgSync or email for more information.
  • Like the Fairfield University Graduate Student Facebook Page for easy updates on news and events!



  • The DiMenna-Nyselius Library offers many services to graduate students including research guidance, database assistance, and more!
  • Visit the Writing Center in the library’s lower level for help on any written assignments from a trained tutor! Visit the Writing Center page on
  • Visit the Graduate Student Study Area in the library’s lower level. Visit for more information.

Helpful Contacts

Department of Public Safety, Lower Level of Loyola Hall, (203) 254-4090
Graduate Student Life in the Office of Student Engagement, BCC 96, (203) 254-4053
ITS4U (Technology Services), DiMenna-Nyselius Library 1st Floor, (203) 254-4069,
Registrar, Kelley Center, (203) 254-4000 ext. 4288,
Bursar, Kelley Center, (203) 254-4000 ext. 2410,
Career Planning, Kelley Center, (203) 254-4000 ext. 4081
Campus Ministry, Lower Level of Egan Chapel
DiMenna-Nyselius Library, (203) 254-4044

For more information or questions about anything related to Graduate Student Life, email

Search Results