Advanced Training Certificates

Advanced Training Certificates

Fairfield University's Graduate School of Education and Allied Professions (GSEAP) offers 4 Advanced Training Certificates (ATC) for those who wish to enhance their competencies and update their skills. Click on the links below for detailed information on each program and the courses required for completion.

Please note the following:


Related Information

Admission Procedures

Please note: Applicants to each program, except Early Childhood Studies, must hold a master's degree in a related discipline.

Matriculated Student Admission

Those seeking formal admission to an advanced training certificate program must complete the following procedures. Submit all materials to: Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies Admission, Fairfield University, 1073 North Benson Road, Fairfield, CT 06824

  1. Apply online and complete the formal application.
  2. Non-refundable $60 application fee.
  3. Submit your official undergraduate and graduate transcripts showing degrees earned.
    • For admission into the Advanced Training Certificate in School-based Marriage & Family Therapy, please provide documentation of your passing scores on the Praxis I or submit a Praxis I waiver.
  4. Submit a brief personal statement describing why you want to pursue the advanced training certificate for which you are applying.
  5. Submit a professional resume.

**Please Note: Fingerprinting and background checks are required for the following programs. Please contact the Dean's office at 203-254-4000, ext. 4250 for updated information.

  • Advanced Training Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis
  • Advanced Training Certificate in Early Childhood Studies - no longer accepting applications
  • Advanced Training Certificate in School-based Marriage & Family Therapy

Learn more on the background check and fingerprinting.

Send all admission documents to:

Fairfield University
Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies Admission
1073 North Benson Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
Questions: (203) 254-4184


Non-Matriculated Admission

Qualified applicants who have not completed the formal admission process may apply for permission to enroll as non-matriculated students and earn up to 6 credits in a certification program or 9 credits in a non-certification program. Please note: In order to be awarded the program certificate and have the certificate designated on your transcript, you must be a fully matriculated student at the time of program completion.

For non-matriculated admission, use the following procedure:

  1. Please call the GSEAP Dean's office at (203) 254-4250 to be directed to the advisor for the program that interests you.
  2. Schedule an appointment.
  3. Obtain a copy (official or unofficial) of your undergraduate and graduate transcripts that show the degrees you have earned. You will need to bring your transcripts with you to the University to be reviewed.
  4. Complete the online admission application and pay the $60.00 application fee.

Applied Behavior Analysis

The Applied Behavior Analysis program provides in-depth training in behavioral strategies and applied behavior analysis (ABA) now required by Connecticut law for those working with children who have autism spectrum disorder.

Integration of Spirituality & Religion in Counseling

The Integration of Spirituality and Religion in Counseling program is based on the 14 competencies identified by the Association of Spiritual, Ethical and Religious Values in Counseling, a division of the American Counseling Association.

Substance Abuse Counseling

The Substance Abuse Counseling program is based on competencies established by the Connecticut Certification Board for Drug and Alcohol Counseling. Completion of these courses is required in order to sit for the certification exam that leads to licensing as a licensed or certified alcohol/drug use counselor.

School Based Marriage & Family Therapy

The School-Based Marriage and Family Therapy program will prepare candidates to use their knowledge and training as marriage and family therapists to work within the public school systems in fulfillment of the certification requirements of the State Board of Education. certification.

Search Results