On This Page
Visiting Graduate Students
Many Fairfield University programs allow students to take graduate-level courses or earn credits in certificate programs prior to formally applying. If you have a bachelor's degree and are interested in taking a graduate course without working toward a degree or certificate, or if you are considering one of our graduate programs and would like to try out a class before enrolling, you may apply for admission as a visiting graduate student, otherwise known as a non-matriculated student.
Visiting graduate students can complete a maximum of 6-9 credit hours prior to becoming a fully matriculated student.
Non-Matriculated Student Application Instructions:
- Create your online application account.
- Select the "Yes" option when asked if you plan to be a non-degree-seeking/ visiting student in your application.
- Submit your official transcripts. Fairfield University requires documentation of a completed bachelor’s degree for students seeking to enroll in any graduate-level courses. Transcripts must be sent directly from the institution in order to be considered official.
- Submit a $65 application fee.
- Choose a term to begin your class.
Please note that visiting graduate students are not eligible for any tuition or financial aid support.
To request permission for non-matriculated student status, contact the graduate program director for approval.