2014 NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade
Join Fairfield University alumni, parents, and friends
on Monday, March 17, 2014 as we march in the
2014 NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade!
Meet us before we march for breakfast at
200 Park Avenue
(44th & Vanderbilt)
10:00 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.
Fairfield's line-up time is 1:20 p.m.
All alumni and their guests must check-in at the Vanderbilt Suites prior to 12:45 p.m. to pick-up their official parade sashes. We will proceed to the line-up location as a group.
Fairfield University's official line-up location is: East 45th Street between Madison and Vanderbilt Avenues. We will line-up after the 88th Brigade New York Guard and ahead of the Notre Dame Alumni Society of New York.
Please note: Due to security regulations, anyone who does not have a sash and is not lined-up with the Fairfield University group prior to our 1:20 p.m. start time, will not be permitted to march in the parade.
Marchers will be required to abide by all official Rules & Regluations of the NYC St. Trick's Day Parade. Please see below for details.
*To get to the Vanderbilt Suites, enter the MetLife Building on Vanderbilt Avenue at the intersection of 44th Street (opposite the Yale Club). Upon entering the MetLife Building, take the escalator up one flight to the Lobby Level. The Vanderbilt Suites will be just ahead of you when you step off the elevator.
New York City St. Patrick's Day Rules & Regulations
The dress code for the parade is comfortable business attire.
- Dress code is comfortable business attire.
- Funny and or green hats, wigs, face paint, sneakers and green-dyed hair are not permitted.
- Drinking, smoking and eating are prohibited.
- Wagons are not permitted on the parade route.
- Units need to be in proper formation before approaching Fifth Avenue.
- All marchers are expected to maintain the same pace during the parade; strolling or falling back in the line is not permitted.
- Straight, organized lines are to be maintained at all times, with 10 marchers per row.
- After the group has stepped off, no one may enter or exit the parade route.
- Strollers need to maintain the same pace as the marchers, and falling back in line is not permitted.
- Animals and mascots are prohibited.
- Displays of any kind are prohibited.
- Shirts with advertisements are not permitted.
- One identifying banner for each unit.
For more information www.nycstpatricksparade.org