Meal Plan Information
Fairfield University students living in one of the University's residence halls - 42 Bellarmine Road, 70 McCormick Road, Campion, Claver, Gonzaga, Jogues, Kostka, Loyola, or Regis - are required to participate in a meal plan. This year, the 14 + 100 Meal Plan is the standard meal plan into which all students are enrolled.
14 + 100 Meal Plan - $2,430 per semester
All resident students are automatically enrolled in this meal plan, which provides 14 meals per week in the Main Dining Room of the John A. Barone Campus Center, along with 100 Dining Dollars for the semester for discretionary use in the Stag Snack Bar, Jazzman's Café, or to purchase a Guest Meal in the Main Dining Room.
Unlimited Meal Plan - $2,950 per semester
The Unlimited Meal Plan is a new offering that enables participants to enter the Main Dining Room as many times as they want when the dining room is open. The Unlimited Meal Plan also includes 200 Dining Dollars for discretionary use in the Stag Snack Bar, Jazzman's Café, or to purchase a Guest Meal in the Main Dining Room.
7 + 600 Meal Plan - $2,800 per semester
This option is only available to juniors and seniors living in a residence hall. This plan provides 7 meals per week and 600 Dining Dollars for discretionary use in the Stag Snack Bar, Jazzman's Café, or to purchase a Guest Meal in the Main Dining Room.
Commuters, Apartment and Townhouse Residents, Off-Campus Boarders
Students who are classified by the Office of Residence Life as commuters, residents of the townhouses or apartments (Dolan Hall, 47 Mahan Road, and 51 McInnes Road), or off-campus boarders may participate in one of the meal plans below, as well as the 14, Unlimited, or 7 Meal Plans. Participation in any meal plan is optional and the price is not included in the townhouse or apartment fees.
40 + 200 Meal Plan - $665 per semester
This plan provides a block of 40 meals for the student's use throughout the semester and 200 Dining Dollars for discretionary use in the Stag Snack Bar, Jazzman's Café, or to purchase a Guest Meal in the Main Dining Room.
65 + 200 Meal Plan - $915 per semester
This plan provides a block of 65 meals for the student's use throughout the semester and 200 Dining Dollars for discretionary use in the Stag Snack Bar, Jazzman's Café, or to purchase a Guest Meal in the Main Dining Room.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I Sign Up for a Meal Plan?
- For resident students who would like to remain in the 14 Meal Plan, there is nothing more to do; they are automatically enrolled in the 14 Meal Plan.
- If students would like to select either the Unlimited or 7 Meal Plan, or to purchase the 40 or 65 block plans, please visit www.fairfield.edu/mealplan. Login with your NetID and password and follow the prompts. The Meal Plan change site is available through the first two weeks of each semester.
How do I Access My Meal Plan or Dining Dollars?
Simply present your StagCard to the cashier upon entering the Main Dining Room; the StagCard system will automatically deduct a meal from your allotment. Please tell the cashier if you intend to use Dining Dollars or a Guest Meal.
How Many Guest Meals do I Receive?
Participants in the 14, Unlimited, and 7 Meal Plans are each given two Guest Meals per semester. Guest Meals allow students to treat a friend or family member to any of the meals served in the Main Dining Room. Guest Meals do not carry over to the next semester.
Important Facts for All Meal Plans
Students can eat and drink as much or as little as they would like at every meal in the Main Dining Room. Please note that extra food and beverages, as well as plates, utensils, cups, and other serving items cannot be removed from the Main Dining Room for any reason.
- Can only be used in facilities operated by Fairfield University Dining Services (Sodexo)
- Do not carry over to the next semester or academic year
- There is no credit for unused Dining Dollars
- Weekly board meals (7 or 14 Meal Plans) are good only for the week they are issued and do not carry forward to the next week. There is no credit for unused meals.
- Semester board meals (40 and 65 Meal Plans) are good only for the semester they are issued and do not carry forward to the next semester. There is no credit for unused meals.
- Weekly, Unlimited, Block, and Guest Meals can only be used in the Main Dining Room of the Barone Campus Center.
Dining Dollars versus StagBucks:
- The value in the Dining Dollars account comes as part of a meal plan and can only be used in Fairfield University Dining Services (Sodexo) locations. Any remaining balance expires at the end of the semester and does not carry forward to any future semester.
- StagBucks is a declining-balance debit account to which a cardholder adds funds. These funds do not expire and carry forward until they are spent or the student graduates. StagBucks can be used at many different locations both on and off campus, and can be added online at www.stagcardonline.com. See www.fairfield.edu/stagcard for more information.
- Once the Dining Dollars account is empty, the StagCard system will automatically charge the StagBucks account provided funds are available. The StagCard system will always charge Dining Dollars first.
- Students can check Meal Plan, Dining Dollars, StagBucks, and other balances online at www.stagcardonline.com. Students' remaining balance also appears each time they use their card.
- In order to utilize the meal plan, students must present their StagCard to the cashier. If their StagCard has been lost, they will need to visit the StagCard Office to purchase a new card. Outside of business hours, a temporary card may be obtained at the Department of Public Safety in Loyola Hall.
- The StagCard and its related services (Meal Plans, Dining Dollars, etc.) are not transferable to anyone else. Misusing a StagCard may result in a fine and referral to the Dean of Students.
Lost or Stolen StagCards:
- Students can deactivate (and reactivate) a lost StagCard on www.stagcardonline.com or in the Department of Public Safety 24 hours per day, or by visiting the StagCard Office during business hours.
- The University is not responsible for any loss as a result of a misused StagCard.
- Students are welcome to bring a friend or family member for any meal. Students can use Guest Meals, cash, Dining Dollars, or StagBucks. Prices are only applicable in the Main Dining Room.
- Cash prices for the Main Dining Room for the 2012-2013 academic year are: Breakfast: $8; Brunch/Lunch: $12; Dinner: $14
Campus Dining Locations
Main Dining Room
Located on the fourth floor of the Barone Campus Center, the Main Dining Room is open seven days per week with breakfast, lunch, and dinner served Monday through Friday; and brunch and dinner on Saturday and Sunday. Meal Plan, cash, Dining Dollars, and StagBucks are accepted.
- Made-to-order deli sandwiches
- Delicious pizzas prepared and baked on site
- Soups, chop salads, and breakfast, lunch, and dinner entrees that change daily
- Hot-from-the-grill favorites, including hamburgers, veggie burgers, chicken, French fries, and daily specials
- Create-a-meal stations, where you can make your own stir-fry entrees, omelets, and Belgian waffles
- Freshly prepared homemade desserts
- Your favorite cereals, along with delivered-fresh-daily bagels and muffins
- Beverage stations that feature Coca Cola fountain drinks, along with fresh-brewed coffee and a variety of teas
Stag Snack Bar
Located on the third floor of the Barone Campus Center, the Stag Snack Bar is open seven days per week. Cash, Dining Dollars, StagBucks, and all major credit/debit cards are accepted.
- Rob & Iggy's Pizzeria, featuring made-to-order Neapolitan-Style thin-crust pizzas, soups, hot sandwiches, and calzones
- The Original Burger Company serves juicy hamburgers, golden French fries, and other grill favorites with over 25 different toppings available
- The Stag Deli features made-to-order sandwiches, wraps, and panini using Thumann's cold cuts along with fresh-made salads and a variety of breads and toppings
- Other Stag Snack Bar offerings include a make-your-own salad bar, a wide variety of Coca Cola products, convenience items, chips, cookies, candy, energy bars, and more!
Einstein Bros Bagels
A full-service Einstein Bros Bagels is located in the Barone Campus Center. Einstein Bros Bagels wrote the book on bagels, and also has some of the best coffee and espresso. They feature freshly prepared deli sandwiches, breakfast egg sandwiches, and delicious baked snacks and sweets. Einstein Bros also offers a variety of healthy food options with less than 400 calories.
Angelo's Pizza at The Levee
Angelo's is open seven days a week for lunch, dinner and late-night meals and features made-to-order pizza, salads, dinners, sandwiches, and other Greek and Italian favorites. Cash and StagBucks accepted.
Chef's Table Café in the Library
Chef's Table, known in the Town of Fairfield for its homemade soups and sandwiches, has a location on campus in the Weil Café on the main level of the DiMenna-Nyselius Library. Cash, StagBucks, and all major credit/debit cards accepted.
Starbucks at the Fairfield University Bookstore (Downtown)
There is a full-service Starbucks at the University's bookstore in downtown Fairfield (1499 Post Road), and is accessible every day via the Town Shuttle. StagBucks, cash, and all major credit cards accepted.
Some students have special dietary requirements and the University will work to accommodate those requirements. Please contact the Dining Services Office at (203) 254-4055 for more information.
In addition to providing a diverse student dining program, the Dining Services staff also manages a catering department. A full range of catering services is available to students and campus organizations. Contact Catering at (203) 254-4055 for order forms or online at www.fairfielddiningservices.com.
Fairfield University Dining Services (Sodexo)
General questions on dining services and special dietary needs
Phone: (203) 254-4055