Senior Week is a week-long program organized by members of the junior and sophomore classes. The week offers the graduating class opportunities to strengthen friendships, reflect on their years together at Fairfield, and to celebrate their accomplishments as they prepare for the future. The week consists of seven (7) different events that happen both on and off campus.
Senior Week events include:
- The Senior Week Soiree is a reception with Fairfield University's Jesuits, staff, and faculty. This is a time for members of the Fairfield University community to say goodbye to the graduating seniors. It also provides an opportunity for the graduating students to thank those who have positively impacted their Fairfield experience!
- The Brunch is a time for the class to come together for one last meal in the Main Dining Room of the Barone Campus Center.
- Pub Night provides a venue for the students to celebrate their time together at Fairfield. Entertainment, food, and beverages are provided.
- The Commencement Ball is a formal event that takes place at an off-campus location. It is a night full of dinner, dancing, and celebration!
- The Senior Picnic is a day trip to an off-campus location that consists of recreational activities like canoeing, swimming, rock climbing walls, softball fields, pools, a BBQ, ice cream truck, entertainment, and so much more!
- The Casino Trip is an annual outing that the Senior Class takes to Mohegan Sun Casino. The trip includes a $10 meal and a $10 betting voucher.
- The Family Dance is the night before Commencement. It is an event for the whole family with four floors of food, dancing, and live entertainment!
Senior Week Ticket Information
The online ticket store has closed.
If students are looking to purchase tickets, t-shirts, or sweatshirts the will be on sale in the John A. Barone Campus Center, Oak Room at the following times:
- Monday, April 22, 4 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 23, 10 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 24, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Senior Week Pricing
- Senior Soiree $15
- Brunch $15
- Pub Night $35
- Commencement Ball $100/ per person
- Picnic $90
- Casino Trip $40
- Family Dance $35 / per person
- Pre-Sale Offer (packages purchased prior to April 14, 2013) $300
- Ticket Package (after pre-sale) $330
- Commemorative T-Shirt $15
- Commemorative Sweatshirt $45
Please note there are no refunds
Anyone who is attending any Senior Week Events that take place off-campus must take the transportation provided or they will not be admitted to the event.
Senior Week Activities
|May 13 (Mon.)||4 p.m.||Senior Soiree|
|May 14 (Tues.)||11:30 a.m.||Brunch|
|May 14 (Tues.)||9 p.m.||Pub Night|
|May 15 (Wed.)||5 p.m.||Commencement Ball|
|May 16 (Thurs.)||Noon||Picnic|
|May 17 (Fri.)||3 p.m.||Casino|
|May 18 (Sat.)||8 p.m.||Family Dance|
Commencement and Other Events
- Class of 2013 Champagne Toast, Friday, May 10, 6 p.m. Bellarmine Hall. To thank you for your donation to the Senior Class Gift, the Senior Class Gift Committee and the Student Alumni Association invite all who have donated to join fellow 2013 donors to the Champagne Toast. This is an exclusive event and reception for those who donated. Learn more about the Senior Class Gift.
- Guidelines for Commencement, Tuesday, May 14, 10 a.m. Regina A. Quick Center Kelley Theatre.
- School of Nursing Pinning Ceremony and Reception, Saturday, May 18, 1 p.m. Egan Chapel of St. Ignatius Loyola with reception following in the BCC Green
- College of Arts and Sciences Reception, Saturday, May 18, 2 p.m. Quad
- Charles F. Dolan School of Business Reception, Saturday, May 18, 2 p.m. Regina A. Quick Center
- School of Engineering Reception, Saturday, May 18, 2 p.m. Alumni House
- Baccalaureate Mass, Saturday, May 18, 4 p.m. Alumni Hall
- Undergraduate Commencement, Sunday, May 19 9:30 a.m. Bellarmine Lawn
See the 2012 Senior Week slide show for highlights from a great week for our Class of 2012!
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Student Programs & Leadership Development at (203) 254-4000, ext. 2376.