Learning for a Lifetime
Open House for Spring 2014 registration
Thursday, January 9, 2014 - 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
Aloysius P. Kelley Center, S.J. Lobby
Directions to the Kelley Center
Education - Enrichment - Exploration
Explore the world of arts and humanities through a wide variety of undergraduate courses offered at Fairfield University. Members have the privilege of auditing one or two undergraduate courses each semester. These courses are available to auditors on a space-available basis during the day or evening.
Membership is open to the intellectually curious who may:
- audit a wide range of university semester-long undergraduate courses
- participate in broadly based monthly symposia offered by distinguished members of the Fairfield University faculty
- attend special interest programs and lectures
*There are no papers to write and no exams to take
In addition, the Albert M. Loch Learning for a Lifetime Scholarship offers members the opportunity to contribute to the scholarship to support two deserving students (one student at the undergraduate level and one student at the graduate level) during the academic year.
During the spring and fall semesters, monthly symposia are also offered. Fairfield University faculty lead these discussions on a variety of topical subjects. Attendees also have the chance to get to know each other and exchange viewpoints among a highly diversified group of professionals.
The Spring 2014 symposia will be announced shortly.
Courses to Audit
Each semester Fairfield University publishes a catalogue with the courses on offer and the days and times the courses are offered.
Courses may be audited on a space available basis or by special permission of a particular faculty member.
Members also enjoy special privileges such as:
- Fairfield University ID card
- free on-campus parking in specially designated student parking lots
- access to the full services of the Di-Menna Nyselius Library
- discounted tickets to select Quick Center performances
- use of the Leslie C. Quick Jr. Recreational Complex (additional discount fee applies)
Tuition to audit one course is $265; tuition for an accompanying spouse to audit one course is $245. Tuition to audit two courses is $510. Fees are subject to change.
The Summer Program
Learn more about the summer Learning for a Lifetime program.
Please contact Elizabeth Hastings at (203) 254-4000 ext 2688 for further information on Learning for a Lifetime opportunities.