Welcome Night, Course Registration and Roommate Selection for Fall 2013
This page is for students who have been invited to join a residential college beginning in the Fall 2013. For information on how to be formally accepted, please read on.
Now that you have been invited into one of the residential colleges, you have 3 key things to do in in order to be formally accepted. These include attending Welcome Night, registering for your residential college course, and attending roommate selection night. Below are the dates and descriptions of each listed by residential college. Please note that failure to attend these events without prior communication (at least 2 days in advance) to the area coordinator or academic chair of your residential college may result in the loss of your placement in the residential college.
Your residential college experience begins at Welcome night where you get to meet members of your new community, learn about the goals and hopes we have for you, review the responsibilities required of you in order to live in your college, and formally make a commitment to participate in the key components of your college. You will also learn about the courses being offered through your residential college of which you must take one, as well as the registration process for these courses.
As a way to engage in the goals and questions of their residential college, each student must take a residential college course each semester from the selection offered from their residential college. Each residential college has specially designed courses that address the major questions of their college. Students in each residential college receive early registration for these courses. These courses are usually core courses and are part of a students regular load. They are not an additional or overload course. Each residential college has a faculty chairperson who will assist students who have challenges in finding a course. Please note: You do not need a pin # to register for your residential college course(s).
Read the residential college web page for more information regarding registration dates, start times by last name, and what to do if you have a conflict with scheduling.
Residential College Roommate Selection Process
The Residential College housing lottery opens on April 15, 2013, and closes on April 22.
Group numbers will be posted on Stag web on April 23, 4 p.m.
Pick night for each residential college is April 24.
Note: This lottery is only for students who have been accepted into a residential college and is separate from the regular housing lottery. You cannot enter both the residential college and non-residential college lotteries at the same time. The dates that each lottery opens and closes are different. Participation in one lottery excludes you (and your roommates) from participation in another.
- Only students selected to live in a Residential College can enter the lottery as pairs (two) for a traditional hall or in blocks of four for suite-style housing.
- Only one person per lottery group needs to submit an application on behalf of the entire group. This person is the Group Originator. Students are strongly encouraged to work with the Group Originator to make sure attention is paid to the survey, that it is filled out correctly, and that all deadlines are met.
Creative Life Residential College
- Welcome Night, Tuesday, April 2, 7:30 p.m., Dining Commons of 42 Bellarmine Road
- Course Registration, Wednesday, April 10, 8:30 a.m.-midnight. Note: see start times by last name
- Roommate Selection Night - Wednesday, April 24, 7:30 p.m., BCC lower lobby.
Ignatian Residential College
- Welcome Night, Monday, March 25 , 7 p.m. in the Ignatian Commons, Loyola Hall
- Course Registration, Thursday, April 11, 8:30 a.m.-midnight. Note: see start times by last name.
- Roommate Selection Night - Wednesday, April 25, Loyola Hall, (7 p.m. for Women, 8:30 p.m. for Men).
Service for Justice Residential College
- Welcome Night, Monday, March 25, 7:30 p.m., Oak Room
- Course Registration, Friday, April 12, 8:30 a.m.-midnight. Note: see start times by last name
- Roommate Selection Night - Wednesday, April 24, 6 p.m. BCC lower lobby