Bus and Van Reservations
The Office of Conference and Events Management assists in coordinating transportation for a variety of university sponsored trips. A fleet of 11 University vans and two sedans are available for use by the Fairfield University community, as well as several bus options.
To reserve a bus or a van you must complete the Bus/Vehicle request form.
This page is only accessible using a faculty or staff computer. If you are having difficulty completing the form, you should contact the Office of Conference and Events Management at (203) 254-4000 ext. 3288.
- All charges will be billed directly to the organization number supplied at the time of request. No other form of payment will be accepted.
- When you request a vehicle, you will be notified of the vehicle availability within two business days. No reservations are final until you receive a confirmation.
The University's fleet consists of:
- 11 Toyota Siena minivans (eight passengers)
- 1 Toyota Camry (5 passengers)
- 1 Toyota Corolla (5 passengers)
- $30 per day for in-state use
- $50 per day for out-of-state use
- Anyone wishing to drive a car or van must be registered as an approved driver with University Activities. Contact Suzanne Neubauer at ext. 3288 to register at least one week prior to your trip.
- Car and van keys must be obtained in the Department of Public Safety. You will be required to leave a copy of your StagCard when signing out vehicle keys.
- Cars and vans can be picked up in the Jogues parking lot. Vehicles must be returned to the Jogues parking lot upon completion of the reservation. Failure to do so will result in additional charges.
- Cars and vans must be returned with the same amount of gas as when they were taken. Failure to do so will result in additional charges. Gas fees will be assessed at $8 per gallon.
- Vehicles will be inspected daily. In the event that a vehicle is returned in a different condition than it was taken out, the department that made the reservation will be charged for the repair or cleaning. Any additional charges will be itemized and included on your billing statement. All charges, except gas, will be billed at cost.
- All drivers must be members of the University faculty, staff, or student body. No one unaffiliated with the University (including alumni) may operate the University vehicles.
Vehicle cancellations can be made at any point prior to key sign-out. Once the vehicle keys have been signed out from The Office of Public Safety, the daily rate applies. This also includes weather-related cancellations.
- When reserving a bus, you must designate a campus pick-up location. Generally, buses pick up outside of Alumni Hall, but other pick-up locations may be arranged.
- Please provide a specific destination when requesting a bus with a complete address. (ex. "Mamma Mia, The Winter Garden Theater, 1634 Broadway, NYC" not "Broadway show").
- DOT regulations allow a bus driver to be on duty for a total of 15 hours, but drive only 10 of those hours. Additional drivers for excessive hours will be charged $300 per day plus the cost of the driver's hotel room.
- Wheelchair lifts are only available for 54-passenger coach buses and 46-passenger activity buses.
|54-Passenger Coach||38-Passenger Coach||15-Passenger
|Equipment||Lavatory, DVD player, luggage compartment, WIFI||Lavatory, DVD player, luggage compartment, WIFI||DVD player, leather seating, DVD player, WIFI||Air conditioning, overhead storage, public address system||Limited hours*|
|Four Hours of Service||$619||$546||$328||$515||$355|
|Each Additional Hour||$101||$92||$71||$81||$75|
|Maximum Daily Rate||$1,266||$1,146||$792|
(over the road)
* School buses are not available for service: Monday-Friday 10 p.m.-9:30 a.m. and then again between 2 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
Cancellation Policy: Bus cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Depending on the bus provider, a $50-$200 fee will be applied to same day cancellations. 50% of the charter rate will be charged if canceling a coach bus within four (4) hours of pickup time.
- DOT regulations allow a driver to be on duty for a total of 15 hours, but drive only 10 of those hours. A driver requires 8 hours off between each shift.
- Additional driver for excessive hours will be charged $300 per day plus the cost of the driver's hotel room.
- Daily rate applies for traveling up to 265 mile per day. Trips exceeding 265 miles per day will be based on mileage of $4/mile. Unique trips may include North Carolina or Buffalo in two (2) days. ($3/mile for the 15-passenger, $3.50/mile for the
- All overnight trips require the chartering party to provide one single room per driver.
- Rates do not include driver's gratuity. Academy suggests a driver's gratuity in the amount of $35 per day per driver.
- Please provide name and mobile number for contact on the day of your trip.