There are three ways that F-1 International Students may be employed in the United States: campus employment, Curricular Practical Training, and Optional Practical Training. J-1 exchange students may seek employment as a part of their exchange program, on campus and off campus.

Campus Employment for F-1 Students

Curricular Practical Training

Optional Practical Training

Employment for J-1 Students

Be aware that it is your responsibility to follow the limits and laws governing your non-immigrant status in the United States. If you seek unauthorized employment your status will be compromised.

Please follow the links above for information on the different types of employment.