Information for New Students

Mandatory Immunizations and Medical Report Form
Students are required to submit a confidential health history and to document proof of immunizations which are required by Connecticut state law. For undergraduate students, the Student Health Center strongly recommends a pre-college physical exam. However, the Student Health Center is requesting all students mail in their health history and proof of immunizations (documented on the Student Medical Report Form) by June 2, 2014 (for fall semester entry). Students may mail in their physical exam documentation at a later date if necessary.

How to complete:

  • Go to the website:
  • Carefully review the list of required immunizations (Connecticut state requirements may be different than requirements in your home state).
  • Download and print out the appropriate form (i.e., Undergraduate or Graduate Student Medical Report Form).
  • Students should complete the health history part and the tuberculosis screening questions (Part I).
  • Present this form to your health care provider. Ask your health care provider to document your immunization history on this form. Additionally, your health care provider needs to review your tuberculosis screening questions. Students at high risk for tuberculosis will need to be tested (as outlined in the form).
  • Mail your form to the Student Health Center.

Health Insurance
Fairfield University requires all full-time undergraduate students to subscribe to a health insurance policy. Full-time undergraduate students are automatically enrolled in the University-sponsored plan administered by Gallagher Student Health and Special Risk. Students who have comparable or better coverage and do not wish to be enrolled in the University sponsored plan must complete an online waiver to provide proof of coverage.  Once the online waiver is completed, students will receive a full credit on their bill.

Students with private health insurance should become familiar with their plan prior to coming to college. For example, students should check with their insurance provider regarding which labs are acceptable to use for blood tests, cultures, etc. Students should also inquire if “referrals” from their Primary Care Provider are required by their insurance plan for medical specialist visits. Families may need to request an additional insurance card for their college student. Students will need to carry their own health insurance card at college.

Students with Complex or Chronic Medical Conditions
Students with complex or chronic medical conditions and/or disabilities which need additional attention may contact the Director of the Student Health Center, Julia Duffy APRN, at ext. 2241 prior to coming to campus to discuss any special medical needs. They should also contact the office of Disability Support Services at ext. 2615.

Students with Attention Deficit Disorder
The Health Center does not prescribe medications for Attention Deficit Disorder. Students should make arrangements with their prescriber at home to assure uninterrupted access to their medication. Please secure Attention Deficit Disorder medications in a locked box.

Students with Food Allergies
For information regarding supplemental forms and resources for students with food allergies please go to

About Us →

Admission & Aid →

Academics →

Life at Fairfield →

Parents & Families →

Alumni & Friends →

Athletics →