Coming Out / Being Out
A group for students exploring gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered identity in a safe, supportive environment.
This group is for students in all stages of the self-discovery and coming-out process or those questioning their identity. It's a safe, respectful and confidential group to process issues of concern, worry, or hope as well as a place to develop supportive friendships and discuss issues involved in coming out and being out. This group meets once a week.
Is This Group Right for You?
It probably is if you have at least one of these issues:
- I don't often share feelings, experiences, and information about my sexual preferences
- My life has several compartments (e.g., straight friends, gay friends, secret encounters)
- I feel very sensitive and fearful of others rejecting me
- I am afraid of coming out to parents, friends, and roommates
- I am not comfortable with (or sure about) my sexual identity
- I feel lonely
- I don't have a group of gay or bisexual friends that accept and support me for being who I really am
If you would like to be part of this group or have any questions, please e-mail Susan Birge at email@example.com or call Counseling & Psychological Services at (203) 254-4000 ext. 2146
Sponsored by Counseling & Psychological Services and Fairfield University Alliance