Are you experiencing:
- Excessive worry about many things?
- Sensations of shortness of breath, palpitations, or shaking while at rest?
- Fear of losing control of yourself or of "going crazy"?
- Avoidance of social situations?
- Specific fears of certain objects (e.g. animals, knives, blood)?
- Fear of being in a place you cannot escape from?
- Fear of leaving home?
- Need to repeatedly perform certain behaviors (e.g. checking that you locked the doors or turned off the lights)?
- Frequent reliving of an upsetting event?
If you answered YES to one or more of these questions, you may be suffering from an anxiety disorder.
For further assessment call Counseling & Psychological Services at (203) 254-4000, ext. 2146.
Office hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.