Senior Week is a week-long program organized by members of the junior and sophomore classes. The week offers the graduating class opportunities to strengthen friendships, reflect on their years together at Fairfield, and to celebrate their accomplishments as they prepare for the future. The week consists of nine (9) different events that happen both on and off campus.
Senior Week 2014 events include:
- Mass for Class of 2014 is an invitation to come together to worship and receive a special blessing as you get ready to start a new chapter of your life. All members of the class of 2014 are welcome. Fr. Michael J. Doody, S.J., presider.
- Senior Week Soiree is a reception with Fairfield University's staff, and faculty. This is a time for members of the Fairfield University community to say goodbye to the graduating seniors. It also provides an opportunity for the graduating students to thank those who have positively impacted their Fairfield experience!
- Senior Service is a day of service that gives members of the senior class, faculty, staff and alumni an opportunity to be "men and women for others" as they spend time beautifying a neighboring area. This experience includes lunch and transportation.
- Stag Night provides a venue for the students to celebrate their time together at Fairfield. Entertainment, food, and beverages are provided.
- Brunch is a time for the class to come together for one last meal in the Main Dining Room of the Barone Campus Center.
- Commencement Ball is a formal event that takes place at an off-campus location. It is a night full of dinner, dancing, and celebration!
- Senior Picnic is a day trip to an off-campus location that consists of recreational activities like canoeing, swimming, rock climbing walls, softball fields, pools, a BBQ, ice cream truck, entertainment, and so much more!
- Six Flags is an outing that the Senior Class takes to Six Flags New England to enjoy roller coasters, water park, shows, and more.
- Family Dance is the night before Commencement. It is an event for students to gather with their whole family and friends as they experience four floors of food, dancing, and live entertainment!
Senior Week Ticket Information
Seniors can pre-purchase the entire package or individual tickets from Sunday, March 30, 2014 through Sunday, April 11, 2014 at the pre-sale price. Pre-purchase tickets and packages will be available for pick up at the dates and times below in the BCC Oak Room.
After April 11th the online store will close and tickets/extra tickets will only be sold in person at regular price on the following dates in the Oak Room of the Barone Campus Center.
Tuesday, April 22 @ 8 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Wednesday April 23 @ 8 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Thursday April 24 @ 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Anyone who is attending any Senior Week Events that take place off-campus must take the transportation provided or they will not be admitted to the event.
Senior Week Schedule
|Sunday, May 11||7 p.m.||Mass for Class of 2014|
|Monday, May 12||3:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.||Senior Soiree|
|Tuesday, May 13||11 a.m. - 3 p.m.||Senior Service (Buses leave at 10:30 a.m.)|
|Tuesday, May 13||9 p.m. - 1 a.m.||Stag Night|
|Wednesday, May 14||1:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.||Brunch|
|Wednesday, May 14||7 p.m. - 12 a.m.||Commencement Ball (Buses leave at 5 p.m.)|
|Thursday, May 15||1 p.m. - 6 p.m.||Picnic (Buses leave at noon)|
|Friday, May 16||12 p.m. - 6 p.m.||Six Flags (Buses leave at 10:30 a.m.)|
|Saturday, May 16||8 p.m. - 12 a.m.||Family Dance|
See the 2012 Senior Week slide show for highlights from a great week.
Senior Week Chairs
Joanna Durgin, Thomas Kenney, Aren Alberico, Andrea Bushee, Matthew Caminiti, Alex Cucchi, Stephanie Garcia, Lindsey Hanley, Janice Herbert, Tracy Michelle Leon, Nicole Miles, Claretta Mills, Maritza Morinvil, Jennifer Patten, Johana Rendon-Ledesma, Chelsey Silva, Samantha Viscovich
*Applications to be a part a Senior Week team Member go live online at fairfield.edu/spld under "Student Positions" starting on Friday, Feb. 28. Team member works together with other team members and Senior Week Chairs to create the events during the week. This could mean bartending, event set up, event breakdown, set/program designing, and so much more! Not only will you have a great time, but you will make new friends and get a chance to send off the senior class in a very unique and memorable way! If you want to be considered for this position, please apply online. Deadline closes on Monday, March 10th at 5 p.m.
Senior Week Contact
If you have any questions, please contact Colleen Wilson, Program Coordinator in Department of Student Programs & Leadership Development at (203) 254-4000, ext. 2081 or firstname.lastname@example.org.