Welcome Class of 2014! The purpose of this page is to provide the senior class with events, deadlines, and useful information about transitioning from college after graduation.
Senior Year Action Items
Ready for graduation? Make sure to complete these tasks so you leave in May with a diploma in hand!
Apply to graduate
Attend Senior Send-Off on Wednesday, February 26 11am-3pm at the BCC LL or call the Registrar at (203) 254-4288 for more details
Order Your Cap & Gown
Attend Senior Send-Off on Wednesday, February 26 11a.m.-3 p.m. the BCC LL or call the Registrar at (203) 254-4288 for more details
Purchase Senior Week Tickets
An e-mail will be sent by March 31
Complete the College Senior Survey
An e-mail will be sent by March 3
Complete the Senior Outcomes Survey
An e-mail will be sent
Complete the Required Exit Counseling for Federal Student Loans
Remove all holds from your account
Login to my.fairfield.edu, click the Student tab, My Academics, View Holds
Register for Fairfield Alumni Network
Donate to the Senior Class Gift
Young Alumni Class Agent Committee
Your involvement with Fairfield doesn’t have to end after graduation! Join the Young Alumni Class Agent Committee! Help plan and promote events, engage your classmates, and continue the tradition of giving back! Simply fill out our volunteer form.
To learn more e-mail: youngalumni@Fairfield.edu
Fairfield Alumni Network
The Fairfield Alumni Network is 42,000+ strong all over the world and all of your fellow Stags are eager and willing to help you in your transition into life outside the gates of North Benson Road.
The Fairfield Alumni Network is an online database/community of over 2,100 alumni who have personally volunteered to be career mentors to current students and fellow alumni. The network is accessible to you as a senior! It's quick and easy to register:
- Visit www.fairfield.edu/alumnicommunity
- Click "Register Now" under the log-in box
- Search for your record by your first name, last name, and student ID number
- Fill out the registration form and create a username and password (which you can have e-mailed to you)
- Re-visit www.fairfield.edu/alumnicommunity and log-in
- Select “FAN” from the left-hand sidebar or click the “Network with FAN” button on your profile page
Remember, this is only a small number of alumni from our overall alumni network so your search results may be smaller than expected. Make your search as broad as possible – industries versus company names, etc. Once your search comes back with results, click on the alumni name to see their profile. You'll see a link to send a blind e-mail to that alum. For questions about the FAN network or about an alumni connection, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the Alumni Office! For problems registering for the community, email email@example.com
Career Resources & Social Media Networks
Register for upcoming and/or view archived Career Webinars - many of which are presented by alumni! - on anything from job search techniques, interview tips, graduate school tips, and more! You can view our whole archive and schedule of upcoming sessions online at Alumni Webinar Series. There are also alumni networking events held throughout the country and in local areas! Click here for a Full Schedule of Alumni Events. Stay connected after leaving Fairfield by joining all of our official Social Media Networks. Be sure to keep in touch!
“Once A Stag, Always A Stag!” For more questions about life as an alum, contact the Office of Alumni Relations at ex. 4280 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Bookstore/Stag Spirit Shop
Visit the online bookstore to see the wide variety of gifts available to graduating seniors!
Career Planning Center
Does the thought of what you're going to do after graduation keep you up at night? The Career Planning Center (CPC) is here to help seniors who are searching for a job, applying to graduate/professional school, or applying for a post-graduate service program.
You can set up an appointment by calling (203) 254-4081 or stop by our drop-in hours Tuesday-Friday from 1:30-4 p.m. You should also follow us on Twitter: @FairfieldCPC, like us on Facebook: FairfieldCPC, and read our blog for helpful tips.
Financial Aid and Student Loan Repayment
For more information, please visit our Financial Aid web page or call (203) 254-4125!
- Are you graduating with federal student loans? If so, you will be required to complete Direct Stafford Loan Exit Counseling. This process will review your loan history, rights and responsibilities as a borrower, and detail loan repayment information.
- Complete the required Exit Counseling here: www.nslds.ed.gov. The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is the Department of Education's main database for all student loan information. You can access all of your federal loan records here. It will be important to have your FAFSA personal identification number (PIN) prior to logging in and creating your NSLDS account. If you can't remember your FAFSA PIN, request a duplicate here: www.pin.ed.gov.
- Get more information on managing your federal loan payment and choosing the repayment plan that fits your budget.
- It is very important to repay your loans, even if your financial situation becomes difficult over the repayment terms. If you are unable to make a payment at any time, contact your lender immediately! Read more about deferment or forbearance options that may help to reduce or postpone payments during challenging financial times.
- Timely loan repayment helps to build your credit score, which in turn creates great opportunities when applying for jobs, mortgages/leases, cars and other credit. Stay current on your loan payments!
- Are you graduating with alternative student loans? If so, contact your alternative loan lender for more information on repayment. You can review your loan history in my.Fairfield and look up your lender's contact information if you do not have it already. Once logged into my.Fairfield, click on the Services tab, scroll to the Financial Aid link and select Award for Aid Year or Award History. If you have questions about your alternative loan lender, please contact our office at (203) 254-4125 or email@example.com.
- Are you planning on going to graduate school? That's great! You have the option to elect to defer your loan payments while you are enrolled in graduate school. Some schools have enrollment requirements of at least six credits, but be sure to confirm the enrollment requirement with your desired school. In order to defer your undergraduate loan payments, you must contact all of your lenders (federal and alternative) for an In-School Deferment Form. Both you and your graduate school must complete the form prior to sending it to each lender, where in-school loan deferment of your payments may be confirmed. Learn more about deferment for your federal loans.
Senior Class Gift
What would your life be like without Fairfield University? Give back and pay it forward.
By giving back to Fairfield you not only strengthen the reputation and value of a Fairfield degree but you also join the longstanding tradition of giving started by the many Stags that came before you. Help promote school spirit and Stag Pride!
Your participation matters. Get involved today
For questions about Stags Give Back, to find out about upcoming events, or to learn more contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Surveys: College Senior Survey (CSS) and Senior Outcome Survey
All seniors must participate in two surveys before graduation. You must participate in these surveys in order to pick up your cap and gowns.
- The first survey is the College Senior Survey (CSS) and it will be launched on March 3 to all graduating seniors. The survey will remain open to participants throughout the semester. The College Senior Survey is designed as an exit survey for graduating seniors and focuses on a broad range of college outcomes and post-college goals and plans. Fairfield University's administration wants to hear about your experiences at Fairfield; the great and not so great in order to improve and shape changes implemented at the University.
- The second survey is the Senior Outcome Survey that focuses on your plans after graduation. The Senior Outcome Survey is launched in mid-April.
Seniors will receive an e-mail on each launch date with a link to participate in both the College Senior Survey and the Senior Outcome Survey. Seniors will need to participate in the surveys before the end of the semester or they will take a paper version on the day of cap and gown pick up.
For more information about the events and ticket purchasing please visit the Senior Week webpage!
Student Achievement Awards
For more information please visit the Student Achievement Awards web page!
The Division of Student Affairs and the Student Awards Selection Committee encourage all members of the Fairfield community to nominate graduating seniors for the St. Ignatius Loyola Medal, William J. Kramer '60 Humanitarian Award, and Student Achievement Awards. The recipients are honored at an annual awards dinner. In addition, the Loyola Medal recipient is formally recognized at Commencement.
Visit the sites below for more information regarding credit, money management, job searching, identity theft, planning for retirement, etc. Good luck!
- Building a Better Credit Report
- Income-Based Repayment
- Preventing Identity Theft
- Job Hunting Tips
- Managing Your Money & Credit
- Buying & Owning a Car
- Your Financial Life - In One Place
- It's Never Too Early to Plan for Retirement!
- Are You Taking the Next Step? Graduate School and Beyond...
2014 Calendar of Events and Deadlines
- Thursday, February 13, 2014 11 a.m.-2 p.m.: Fairfield University Career Fair, Leslie C. Quick, Jr. Recreation Complex
- Thursday, February 20, 2014 9 p.m.-12 a.m.: Senior Mug Night, The Levee
- Wednesday, February 26, 2014 11 a.m.-3 p.m.: Senior Send-Off, Lower Level BCC
- Monday, March 3, 2014, College Senior Survey released
- Friday, March 7, 2014, Applications Close for Student Achievement Awards
- Thursday, March 20, 2014: Senior Mug Night, The Levee
- Monday, March 31, 2014, Online Pre-Order Ticket Sales for Senior Week Begins
- Thursday, April 3, 2014 6:30 p.m.: Finding an Apartment in NYC, BCC 200
- Sunday, April 13. 2014 Online Senior Week Ticket Sales End
- Wednesday, April 16, 2014 7:30 p.m.-9 p.m.. Student Leadership Awards, Quick Center
- Monday, April 21- Friday, April 25, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Pick Up Commencement Tickets, Registrar's Office- Kelley Center
- Monday, April 21, 2014 Senior Outcome Survey Released
- Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8 a.m.-11:30 a.m., Senior Week Ticket Sales, Oak Room BCC
- Wednesday, April 23, 2014 8a.m.-11:30 a.m., Senior Week Ticket Sales, Oak Room BCC
- Wednesday, April 23, 2014 Senior Achievement Awards Dinner
- Thursday, April 24, 2014 8 a.m.-1 p.m., Senior Week Ticket Sales, Oak Room BCC
- Thursday, April 24, 2014 9 p.m.-12 a.m., Senior Mug Night, The Levee
- Wednesday, April 30, 2014 Last Day to rent a residence hall room for families of graduates
- Wednesday, April 30, 2014 Last Day of Classes for Undergraduates
- Friday, May 2 - Friday, May 9: Final Exams Week
- Friday, May 9, 2014 Champagne Toast
- Sunday, May 11, 2014 7pm, Mass for the Senior Class, Egan Chapel
- Wednesday, May 14, 2014 10 a.m.-11 a.m., Commencement Guidelines, Quick Center
- Wednesday, May 14, 2014 12 p.m.-6 p.m., Cap and Gown Pick Up, Ground Floor Canisius
- Saturday, May 17, 2014 2 p.m.-3:30 p.m., School Commencement Receptions
- College of Arts & Sciences- Lawn In Front of 70 McCormick Road
- School of Nursing- BCC Green
- School of Engineering- Alumni House
- Dolan School of Business- Quick Center
- Saturday, May 17, 2014 4 p.m., Baccalaureate Mass, Alumni Hall
- Sunday, May 18, 2014 9:30 a.m., 64th Commencement Ceremony for the Undergraduate Class of 2014
- Monday, May 19, 2014 12 p.m. Residence Halls Close
Senior Week *** Tickets required
- Monday, May 12, 2014 3:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m., Senior Soiree, BCC
- Tuesday, May 13, 2014 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Senior Service Day,
- Tuesday, May 13. 2014 9 p.m.-1 a.m., Stag Night, BCC
- Wednesday, May 14, 2014 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Brunch, Barone Main Dining Room
- Wednesday, May 14, 2014 7 p.m.-12 a.m., Commencement Ball
- Thursday, May 15, 2014 1 p.m.-6 p.m., Senior Picnic
- Friday, May 16, 2014 11:30 a.m., Trip to Six Flags
- Saturday, May 17, 2014 8 p.m.-12 a.m., Family Dance, BCC