Welcome Class of 2015! The purpose of this page is to provide the senior class with events, deadlines, and useful information about transitioning from college after graduation. Please note that this page will be periodically updated throughout the Spring Semester.
Senior Year Action Items
Ready for graduation? Make sure to complete these tasks so you leave in May with a diploma in hand!
|ACTION ITEMS||HOW TO APPLY TO GRADUATE|
Apply to Graduate
Go to my.Fairfield; under the Student tab, under My Academics, click Apply to Graduate
FT and FT-to-PT Students
PT A&S and Business Students
PT Nursing and Engineering Students
Order Your Cap & Gown
Cap & Gown Orders (Enter: Fairfield University)
Pick up your 5 graduation tickets for families & friends
Available late April at the Registrar's Office
Purchase Senior Week Tickets
Available late March - Order online!
Complete the College Senior Survey
An e-mail will be sent to you
Complete the Senior Outcomes Survey
An e-mail will be sent to you
Direct Loan Exit Counseling for Direct Loan Borrowers REQUIRED for ALL Direct Loan Borrowers
To be completed online
Remove all holds from your account
Go to my.Fairfield, under the Student Tab, under My Academics, click View Holds
Join the Alumni Online Community, update your profile with your post-graduate contact information, & begin interacting with fellow alumni!”
Donate to the Senior Class Gift
|Senior Class Gift|
Young Alumni Class Agent Committee
Your involvement with Fairfield doesn't have to end after graduation! Join the Young Alumni Class Agent Committee! Help plan and promote events, engage your classmates, and continue the tradition of giving back! Simply fill out our volunteer form.
To learn more e-mail: youngalumni@Fairfield.edu
Fairfield Alumni Online Community
The Fairfield Alumni family is comprised of over 42,000 Stags all across the globe – all who share a common bond of Stag Pride with each of you! Before you graduate, be sure to join the Alumni Online Community and activate your profile. Once you’re a member, you can begin to browse our online Alumni database*, submit a class note sharing your latest news, and see all the upcoming events in your area! All you need to register is your Student ID#!
- Visit www.fairfield.edu/alumnicommunity
- Select “Register Now” under First Time Visitors and follow the prompts
- When prompted for your “unique ID number,” enter your Student ID
- Create a username and password and you’re all set!
Once you become a member, you can also begin networking with fellow Stags in our “Fairfield Alumni Network” or “FAN.” FAN is an online database of over 2,200 alumni who have volunteered to be career mentors to current students and alumni. Click on “Fairfield Alumni Network” on the left hand sidebar to begin using the community.
Remember, this is only a small number of alumni from our overall alumni network so your search results may be smaller than expected. Make your search as broad as possible - industries versus company names, etc. Once your search comes back with results, click on the alumni name to see their profile. You'll see a link to send a blind e-mail to that alum. For questions about the FAN network or about an alumni connection, e-mail us at email@example.com or stop by the Alumni Office! For problems registering for the community, email firstname.lastname@example.org *Access to the full alumni database will be granted after graduation.
Career Resources & Social Media Networks
Register for upcoming and/or view archived Career Webinars - many of which are presented by alumni! - on anything from job search techniques, interview tips, graduate school tips, and more! You can view our whole archive and schedule of upcoming sessions online at Alumni Webinar Series. There are also alumni networking events held throughout the country and in local areas! Stay connected after leaving Fairfield by joining all of our official Social Media Networks. Be sure to keep in touch!
"Once A Stag, Always A Stag!" For more questions about life as an alum, contact the Office of Alumni Relations at ex. 4280 or email@example.com
Bookstore/Stag Spirit Shop
Visit the online bookstore to see the wide variety of gifts available to graduating seniors!
Career Planning Center
Does the thought of what you're going to do after graduation keep you up at night? The Career Planning Center (CPC) is here to help seniors who are searching for a job, applying to graduate/professional school, or applying for a post-graduate service program.
You can set up an appointment by calling (203) 254-4081 or stop by our drop-in hours Tuesday-Friday from 1:30-4 p.m. You should also follow us on Twitter: @FairfieldCPC, like us on Facebook: FairfieldCPC, and read our blog for helpful tips.
Financial Aid and Student Loan Repayment
For more information, please visit our Financial Aid web page or call (203) 254-4125!
- Are you graduating with federal student loans? If so, you will be required to complete Direct Stafford Loan Exit Counseling. This process will review your loan history, rights and responsibilities as a borrower, and detail loan repayment information.
- Complete the required Exit Counseling here: www.nslds.ed.gov. The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is the Department of Education's main database for all student loan information. You can access all of your federal loan records here. It will be important to have your FAFSA personal identification number (PIN) prior to logging in and creating your NSLDS account. If you can't remember your FAFSA PIN, request a duplicate here: www.pin.ed.gov.
- Get more information on managing your federal loan payment and choosing the repayment plan that fits your budget.
- It is very important to repay your loans, even if your financial situation becomes difficult over the repayment terms. If you are unable to make a payment at any time, contact your lender immediately! Read more about deferment or forbearance options that may help to reduce or postpone payments during challenging financial times.
- Timely loan repayment helps to build your credit score, which in turn creates great opportunities when applying for jobs, mortgages/leases, cars and other credit. Stay current on your loan payments!
- Are you graduating with alternative student loans? If so, contact your alternative loan lender for more information on repayment. You can review your loan history in my.Fairfield and look up your lender's contact information if you do not have it already. Once logged into my.Fairfield, click on the Services tab, scroll to the Financial Aid link and select Award for Aid Year or Award History. If you have questions about your alternative loan lender, please contact our office at (203) 254-4125 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are you planning on going to graduate school? That's great! You have the option to elect to defer your loan payments while you are enrolled in graduate school. Some schools have enrollment requirements of at least six credits, but be sure to confirm the enrollment requirement with your desired school. In order to defer your undergraduate loan payments, you must contact all of your lenders (federal and alternative) for an In-School Deferment Form. Both you and your graduate school must complete the form prior to sending it to each lender, where in-school loan deferment of your payments may be confirmed. Learn more about deferment for your federal loans.
Senior Class Gift
What would your life be like without Fairfield University? Give back and pay it forward.
By giving back to Fairfield you not only strengthen the reputation and value of a Fairfield degree but you also join the longstanding tradition of giving started by the many Stags that came before you. Help promote school spirit and Stag Pride!
Your participation matters. Get involved today.
Senior Surveys: College Senior Survey (CSS) and Senior Outcome Survey
All seniors must participate in two surveys before graduation. The First Destination Survey needs to be completed before picking up your graduation tickets. The College Senior Survey (CSS) needs to be completed before picking up your cap and gown.
- The first survey is the College Senior Survey (CSS) and it will be launched on March 3 to all graduating seniors. The survey will remain open to participants throughout the semester. The College Senior Survey is designed as an exit survey for graduating seniors and focuses on a broad range of college outcomes and post-college goals and plans. Fairfield University's administration wants to hear about your experiences at Fairfield; the great and not so great in order to improve and shape changes implemented at the University.
- The second survey is the First Destination Surveythat focuses on your plans after graduation. The First Destination Survey is launched in April.
Seniors will receive an e-mail on each launch date with a link to participate in both the College Senior Survey and the First Destination Survey. Paper versions of the College Senior Survey (CSS) will be available to complete at cap and gown pick up.
For more information please visit the Senior Week webpage!
Student Achievement Awards
For more information please visit the Student Achievement Awards web page!
The Division of Student Affairs and the Student Awards Selection Committee encourage all members of the Fairfield community to nominate graduating seniors for the St. Ignatius Loyola Medal, William J. Kramer '60 Humanitarian Award, and Student Achievement Awards. The recipients are honored at an annual awards dinner. In addition, the Loyola Medal recipient is formally recognized at Commencement. Nominations are due Friday, March 6th, 2015
Visit the sites below for more information regarding credit, money management, job searching, identity theft, planning for retirement, etc. Good luck!
- Building a Better Credit Report
- Income-Based Repayment
- Preventing Identity Theft
- Job Hunting Tips
- Managing Your Money & Credit
- Buying & Owning a Car
- Your Financial Life - In One Place
- It's Never Too Early to Plan for Retirement!
- Are You Taking the Next Step? Graduate School and Beyond...
2015 Calendar of Events and Deadlines
This information will be updated throughout the semester (updated 02.26.2015)
- Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. - Getting Into Law School, Alumni House
- Friday, March 6, 2015 - Nominations due for Student Achievement Awards
- Friday, March 20, 2015- Online Senior Week Ticket Sales Begin
- Wednesday, March 25, 2015, 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. - Communications & Social Media Workshop, Kelley Center
- Thursday, March 26, 2015, 9 p.m. – Midnight, Senior Mug Night, Levee
- Saturday, March 28, 2015 1 - 3 p.m. - Wine Tasting 101 Faber Hall, RSVP Required
- Wednesday, April 1, 2015 - Deadline to apply for College of Arts & Sciences Awards
- Tuesday, April 7, 2015 - Money Management- Bills, Bills, Bills, CNS 8
- Friday, April 17, 2015, 7:30 p.m.-9 p.m. - Leadership Recognition Ceremony, Quick Center
- Thursday, April 23, 2015, 9 pm – Midnight, Senior Mug Night, Levee
- Sunday, April 26, 2015, 2:00 p.m. - Dolan School of Business Student/Faculty Recognition Ceremony, Oak Room
- Monday, April 27, 2015, - Senior Student Achievement Awards Ceremony, Kelley Center
- Monday, April 27, 2015, 6 p.m. - College Arts & Sciences Awards Ceremony
- Thursday, April 30, 2015 - Last Day of Classes for Undergraduates
- Saturday, May 2, 2015 - Thursday, May 7, 2015: Final Exams Week
- Saturday, May 2, 2015 - 10 p.m. – 2 a.m., South Side Café Stress Relief, Faber Hall Commons
- Friday, May 8, 2015, 6 p.m.- Champagne Toast, Bellarmine Hall *Invitation Only
- Sunday, May 10, 2015, 7pm - Mass for the Senior Class, Egan Chapel
- Monday, May 11, 2015, 3:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. - Senior Soiree, BCC* Tickets required
- Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. - Senior Service Day, Off Campus * Tickets required
- Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 9 p.m.-1 a.m. - Stag Night, BCC * Tickets required
- Wednesday, May 13, 2015, 10 a.m.-11 a.m.- Commencement Guidelines, Quick Center
- Wednesday, May 13, 2015, 12 p.m.- 6 p.m. - Cap and Gown Pick Up, Lower Level BCC
- Packages are $57.00 which include: cap, gown, tassel and hood.
- Wednesday, May 13, 2015, 7 p.m.-12 a.m. - Commencement Ball, Off Campus * Tickets required
- Thursday, May 14, 2015, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Cap and Gown Pick Up, Stag Spirit Shop
- Packages are $57.00 which include: cap, gown, tassel and hood
- Thursday, May 14, 2015, 1 p.m.-6 p.m. - Senior Picnic, Off Campus * Tickets required
- Friday, May 15, 2015, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Cap and Gown Pick Up, Stag Spirit Shop
- Packages are $57.00 which include: cap, gown, tassel and hood
- Friday, May 15, 2015, 4:00 p.m. - Hypnotist & Reception, Quick Center * Tickets required
- Saturday, May 16, 2015, 1 p.m. - Nursing Students Undergraduate Pinning Ceremony, Egan Chapel
- Saturday, May 16, 2015, 2 p.m.-3:30 p.m. - School Commencement Receptions
- College of Arts & Sciences - Lawn In Front of 70 McCormick Road
- School of Nursing - BCC Green
- School of Engineering - Alumni House
- Dolan School of Business - Quick Center
- Saturday, May 16, 2015, 4 p.m. - Baccalaureate Mass, Alumni Hall
- Saturday, May 16, 2015, 8 p.m.-12 a.m. - Family Dance, BCC * Tickets required
- Sunday, May 17, 2015, 9:30 a.m. - 65th Commencement Ceremony for the Undergraduate Class of 2015
- Monday, May 18, 2015, 12 p.m. - Residence Halls Close