January New Student Orientation
Welcome to your new home! When you move into your new home on Sunday, January 17, 2016 (8 a.m.-11:45 a.m.), your journey at Fairfield begins. Please check in at the Office of Residence Life, located in the Barone Campus Center Lower Level, room 96.
Check back regularly, as this site will keep you updated about everything you need to know regarding your transition to Fairfield University and becoming a Stag! When you arrive on campus you will move into your residence hall and meet with your assigned New Student Leader (NSL). They are excited for your arrival and can't wait to introduce themselves!
Below is a list of items to be completed from the online New Student Checklist. Remember to use your University NetID credentials to access the checklist.
- Complete StagAlert Information (Emergency Notification System)
- Register for New Student Orientation (attendance is essential)
- New Student Housing Application
- Parent/Guardian Information Form
- Disability Services: Complete a New Student Intake Form (optional)
- Honor Code Signing
- Immunization/Student Medical Report Form
- Awarding of Advanced Placement, IB, or College Credit
- Student Handbook Acceptance
- Code of Conduct Quiz
- Register your Computer
- Everfi Wellness Program: AlcoholEdu & Haven
- Login & Explore OrgSync
Parents/Guardians can assist students with the following checklist items:
- Parent/Guardian Information Form: The information shared facilitates parent/guardian involvement. For example, Student Affairs produces a monthly electronic newsletter especially for parents and guardians. The Campus Currents - Parents e-newsletter keeps parents/guardians apprised of general campus news and events. Parents/Guardians will automatically begin receiving the newsletter provided they submit their e-mail information.
- Request for Reasonable Accommodation Based on Disability (optional): Fairfield University is committed to providing qualified students with disabilities an equal opportunity to access the benefits, rights, and privileges of its services, programs, and activities in an accessible setting. Furthermore, in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and Connecticut state laws, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified students to reduce the impact of disabilities on academic functioning or upon other major life activities.
- Immunization Requirement/Medical Report Form: Students must complete the Immunization Requirement Form and have it filed with the Health Center prior to the start of classes. Immunizations, which are mandated by Connecticut state law, are highlighted on the Immunization Form for full-time undergraduates. Students may not move into a residence hall or begin classes until all immunization requirements are met. This form is required prior to students' arrival on campus.
The New Student Guide is created to assist you during your first semesters at Fairfield. This book will serve as your 'go to' resource for everything Fairfield. It is packed with information regarding buildings on campus, academic planning, action items, office locations, and contact information. When you receive it, read the booklet thoroughly as it will help greatly with your transition and any questions you may have.
New student move-in is scheduled for Sunday, January 17, 2016 (8 a.m.-11:45 a.m.). Room keys will be available in the Office of Residence Life located in the lower level of the Barone Campus Center. (Visit the last page of your Guide for suggestions about what to bring to campus.)
Orientation is essential for all transfer students. Orientation occurs Sunday, January 17, 2016 and Monday, January 18, 2016 and allows new students to connect with each other and the Fairfield community before classes begin. New students move-in on Sunday, January 17, 2016 (8 a.m.-11:45 a.m.), and attend important sessions to prepare them academically and socially for the year to come. Highlights of Orientation include interacting with Resident Assistants, New Student Leaders, and attending a day-long exciting team-building excursion.